In a retail setting (Grocery store), what foods can be stored in the same room where raw meat (including chicken, pork, beef) is handled and stored? Specifically I would like to know about produce (fruit and veggies), eggs, and ready to eat baked good...
by Richard Huff in Des Moines, Ia, 05/28/2009
FOOD CONTAMINATION,PRESERVATION AND SPOILAGE OF DIFFERENT KINDS OF FOODS Food contamination,preservation and spoilage of different kinds of foods examples (i)Cereals and cereal products (ii)Vegetables and fruits (iii)Milk and milk products and there r...
by Bunmi Ifatumo, 02/01/2007
what is contaminant and how does contaminant affects the body
by mirage in wa, 10/04/2007
Please help me answer this question. I am slightly confused with this definition of Food Contamination. Contamination is the presence of substances or conditions that cause food to experience significant deterioration and loss of quality. a. Tr...
by Olga in Toronto, ON, 10/18/2006
How can I prevent my household from food contamination? Is there anything I can do to help other people know about food contamination? What effects does salminela have on your body? What exactly is salminela? What foods contain salminela? ps. I a...
by cheovanii in Huntsvilla,AL, 03/04/2009
- Canadian Partnership for Consumer Food Safety Education
- Center For Food Safety (CFS)
- Food Safety Project at Iowa State University Extension
- Food Safety Technology Council
- Food Safety Training and Education Alliance (FSTEA) - working to improve food safety training and education at the retail level
- Food: How Safe? How Altered? - National Geographic Magazine presents Flash photo essay with narration on the ramifications of genetic engineering and global sanitation standards to the food supply
- FoodHACCP.com - offers discussion rooms, an Internet journal, and links to daily news, sites featuring pathogen studies and detection methods, biotechnology information, and more
- FoodNews.org - promotes healthier food choices, pesticide-free foods, and organic farming
- Hospitality Institute of Technology and Management - offers numerous articles on food handling and preparation for the food service and retail industries
- International Association for Food Protection - organization of food safety professionals dedicated to the protection of food supply
- National Center for Food Safety and Technology (NCFST) - consortium of academia, industry, and government working together to ensure the safety and quality of the nation's food supply
- National Food Safety Initiative - government policy and initiatives regarding food safety. From the FDA, USDA, EPA, and CDC
- Organic Consumers Organization - nonprofit, public interest organization dedicated to building a healthy, safe, and sustainable system of food production and consumption
- OurFood - database containing information concerning food, related physiology, technology, analytical methods, bacteriology, and topics of general interest