The next question is, how is the rate per unit determined? Statistics, of course! The insurance QuotesChimp (or an independent rate bureau to which the company subscribes) will establish rates based on what its statistics tell it to expect the cost of...
by Cassie in Cassie, 02/28/2014
i have herpes on my mouth and i rarely breakout but for some reason i broke out on my whole bottom lip yesterday so i took 500 mg valtrex at 5 am as soon as i felt a blister then i took another 500 mg valtrex at 5 pm today and i am also using zovi...
by debbie in michigan, 12/19/2005
One more thing. In my opinion that there are nmuuroes travel insurance web-sites of reliable companies that permit you to enter holiday details and acquire you the quotes. You can also purchase an international travel insurance policy on the web by us...
by Freydy in Freydy, 01/15/2014
Zovirax (Topical) Drug and Prescription Information
Zovirax (Topical) Medication Classification
ACYCLOVIR (On the skin)
Zovirax (Topical) Brandname
Zovirax (Topical) is used for the Treatment
Acyclovir (ay-SYE-kloe-veer) Treats skin disorders caused by the herpes virus, including genital herpes.
When To Not Use Zovirax (Topical)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to acyclovir.
How Should You Use Zovirax (Topical)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to apply and how often. Do not use more medicine or apply it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- This medicine is for use on the skin or genitals (vagina or penis) only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine. Use a rubber glove when you apply the medicine. If someone else is putting this medicine on you, he or she should wear a rubber glove.
- Use this ointment as soon as possible after you notice the beginning of a herpes sore (pain, burning, blisters, or itching).
- Acyclovir ointment may be put on the herpes sores every 3 hours, 6 times daily for 7 days, unless your doctor tells you differently. Apply enough ointment to cover all the sores. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, apply it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to apply the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not apply extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Zovirax (Topical) Storage
Store Zovirax (Topical) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Zovirax (Topical) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Zovirax (Topical)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not use any other medicine on your herpes sores unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
Zovirax (Topical) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse, call your doctor.
- Acyclovir will not stop the spread of herpes during sex. Avoid having sex while you have herpes sores.
- Even if you have no signs of a herpes infection, it is still possible to spread the virus to others during sex. Talk with your doctor about ways to keep from spreading the virus.
Zovirax (Topical) Side Effects
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Itching, redness, swelling, burning, or stinging of the skin where the ointment is applied