Ajife is full of uncertainty, but three things are constant: death, taxes, and insurance. Without insurance, Quotes Chimp would not be able to purchase our homes, since no bank would give us the money. Without insurance, many people would not dare to ...
by Cathleen in Cathleen, 02/28/2014
Well myself and Eric uslaluy go and Johnny sometimes shows as well. Sadly, I uslaluy get up at about 11am so I get there from 2:30 to 3:00. And two weeks ago we go some new blood as well. So yeah its still going I don't think that Sodt does Sat. anymo...
by Izayoi in Izayoi, 01/15/2014
Zovirax (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Zovirax (Oral) Medication Classification
ACYCLOVIR (By mouth)
Zovirax (Oral) Brandname
Zovirax (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Acyclovir (ay-SYE-kloe-veer) Treats herpes virus infections, including shingles (herpes zoster) and genital herpes (herpes simplex). Also treats chickenpox. This medicine will not cure herpes, but may prevent a breakout of herpes sores or blisters.
When To Not Use Zovirax (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to acyclovir or to similar medicines such as famciclovir (Famvir®), ganciclovir (Cytovene®, Vitrasert®), valacyclovir (Valtrex®), or valganciclovir (Valcyte).
How Should You Use Zovirax (Oral)
Capsule, Tablet, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Take this medicine at the first sign of a herpes breakout, or as soon as possible after you are diagnosed with herpes zoster. The medicine may not work if you wait longer than 3 days to start using it.
- You may take this medicine with or without food. Drink plenty of liquids while you are taking acyclovir.
- Shake the oral liquid thoroughly before each use. Measure the medicine with a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Zovirax (Oral) Storage
Store Zovirax (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Zovirax (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Zovirax (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using phenytoin (Dilantin®), fosphenytoin (Cerebyx®), probenecid (Benemid®), valproic acid (Depekene®), or medicines that weaken the immune system (such as steroids, chemotherapy, or radiation).
Zovirax (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease or a weakened immune system. Some things that cause a weak immune system are cancer chemotherapy, HIV/AIDS, recent infection, or recent bone marrow or kidney transplant.
- Acyclovir will not stop the spread of herpes during sex. Avoid having sex while you have herpes sores.
- Even if you have no signs of a herpes infection, it is still possible to spread the virus to others during sex. Talk with your doctor about ways to keep from spreading the virus.
- Tell your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after taking this medicine for several days.
Zovirax (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in face or hands, swelling or tingling in the mouth or throat, tightness in chest, trouble breathing
- Blistering, peeling, red skin rash
- Confusion, agitation, behavior changes
- Decrease in how much or how often you urinate
- Fainting or extreme weakness, problems with walking or coordination
- Pinpoint red spots on your skin
- Unexplained fever
- Unusual bleeding or bruising, blood in urine or stools
- Yellow eyes or skin If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Muscle pain
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or upset stomach
- Nervousness or tired feeling
- Problems with vision