Zone-A Forte (Topical)
Zone-A Forte (Topical) Drug and Prescription Information
Zone-A Forte (Topical)
Zone-A Forte (Topical) Medication Classification
HYDROCORTISONE ACETATE/PRAMOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (On the skin)
Zone-A Forte (Topical) Brandname
Analpram-HC, Pramosone, Enzone, Zone-A Forte, Zone-A
Zone-A Forte (Topical) is used for the Treatment
Hydrocortisone Acetate (hye-droe-KOR-ti-sone AS-e-tate), Pramoxine Hydrochloride (pra-MOX-een hye-droe-KLOR-ide) Treats skin irritation (itching, rash, swelling, discomfort). This medicine is a combination of a corticosteroid and an anesthetic.
When To Not Use Zone-A Forte (Topical)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to pramoxine, hydrocortisone, or to another topical steroid (such as hydrocortisone, Cutivate®, Dermatop®, Psorcon®).
How Should You Use Zone-A Forte (Topical)
Cream, Ointment, Lotion
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- This medicine is for use only on the skin. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. Do not use on areas of the skin that have cuts or scrapes. Do not use this medicine on your face or neck unless your doctor has told you to.
- Apply a thin layer to the affected area. Rub it in gently.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage unless your doctor has told you to. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, apply it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to apply the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not apply extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Zone-A Forte (Topical) Storage
Store Zone-A Forte (Topical) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Zone-A Forte (Topical) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Zone-A Forte (Topical)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Unless approved by your doctor, do not use cosmetics or other skin care products on the treated skin areas.
Zone-A Forte (Topical) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have glaucoma, diabetes, or an infection of the skin such as herpes or chickenpox.
- Do not use this medicine for a skin problem that has not been checked by your doctor.
- Children may be more likely to have serious side effects from this medicine if too much is absorbed through the skin. Apply the medicine carefully to make sure you don't use too much.
- If this medicine is used on the diaper area of a child, avoid using tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants.
Zone-A Forte (Topical) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe itching, burning, or skin irritation
- Redness, swelling, drainage, or pus from the area or other signs of infection If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Changes in hair growth
- Mild burning, dryness, irritation, redness, or itching
- Raised spots on skin or pimple-like skin changes
- Thinning of skin or bruising
- Unusual skin color