Zofran Odt (Oral)
Zofran Odt (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Zofran Odt (Oral)
Zofran Odt (Oral) Medication Classification
ONDANSETRON (By mouth)
Zofran Odt (Oral) Brandname
Zofran, Zofran Odt
Zofran Odt (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Ondansetron (on-DAN-se-tron) Prevents nausea and vomiting caused by cancer treatments (chemotherapy or radiation) or nausea and vomiting occurring after surgery.
When To Not Use Zofran Odt (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to ondansetron or to other medicines for nausea and vomiting such as dolasetron, granisetron, or tropisetron.
How Should You Use Zofran Odt (Oral)
Tablet, Liquid, Dissolving Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- You may take the medicine with or without food.
- If you are using a disintegrating tablet (Zofran®ODT), do not remove it from the foil pack until you are ready to use the medicine. Peel back the foil covering the tablet. Do not push the tablet through the foil. Put the tablet on your tongue and allow it to dissolve in your mouth before swallowing.
- Measure the oral liquid with a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Zofran Odt (Oral) Storage
Store Zofran Odt (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Zofran Odt (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Zofran Odt (Oral)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Zofran Odt (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have liver disease or phenylketonuria (PKU).
Zofran Odt (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in face or hands, swelling or tingling in the mouth or throat, tightness in chest, trouble breathing
- Inability to move eyes, other muscle spasms, especially of the face, neck, or back If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Tiredness or weakness