Zinc-220 (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Zinc-220 (Oral) Medication Classification
ZINC SULFATE (By mouth)
Zinc-220 (Oral) Brandname
Orazinc 110, Zincate, Orazinc 220, Zinc-220
Zinc-220 (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Zinc Sulfate (zink SUL-fate) Treats problems caused by a lack of zinc in the body.
When To Not Use Zinc-220 (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to zinc sulfate.
How Should You Use Zinc-220 (Oral)
Capsule, Tablet, Lozenge, Long Acting Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- It is best to take this medicine on an empty stomach, 1 hour before eating a meal or 2 hours after a meal. You may take this medicine with food if it upsets your stomach. Tell your doctor if you are taking this medicine with food.
- Swallow the extended-release tablet whole. Do not crush, break, or chew it. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose.
- Missing one dose is generally not a problem.
Proper Zinc-220 (Oral) Storage
Store Zinc-220 (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Zinc-220 (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Zinc-220 (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking penicillamine, tetracycline, or iron or copper supplements.
- Avoid taking zinc at the same time you eat whole-grain bread or cereal, bran, milk, yogurt, cheese, or ice cream. These foods can keep your body from absorbing enough zinc.
Zinc-220 (Oral) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
Zinc-220 (Oral) Side Effects
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Upset stomach, vomiting