Zetacet (Topical) Drug and Prescription Information
Zetacet (Topical) Medication Classification
SULFACETAMIDE SODIUM/SULFUR (On the skin)
Zetacet (Topical) Brandname
Plexion, Plexion TS, Plexion Sct, Sulfacet-R, Zetacet, Nicosyn, AVAR Cleanser, Rosula, Rosanil, Rosac Cream w/Sunscreens, Clenia, AVAR-e, AVAR-e Green, AVAR Gel, AVAR Green
Zetacet (Topical) is used for the Treatment
Sulfacetamide Sodium (sul-fa-SEE-ta-mide SOE-dee-um), Sulfur (SUL-fyoor) Treats acne and seborrheic dermatitis (scaly areas on the skin).
When To Not Use Zetacet (Topical)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to sulfa drugs (such as Bactrim®), diabetes medicine (such as Diabenase®, Orinase®), sulfur, or sulfites.
How Should You Use Zetacet (Topical)
Lotion, Cream, Suspension, Gel/Jelly, Soap
- Your doctor will tell you how much to use and how often.
- For use only on the skin.
- Clean the affected area well.
- Wait 30 minutes after washing or shaving to put on this medicine.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
- Shake well before each use.
- Using your fingertips, apply the medicine lightly on and around the acne.
- Do not put the lotion in or around your eyes or mouth.
- This medicine should come with a color blender which allows you to change the color of the lotion to match your skin color. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose, apply it as soon as you remember.
- If it is almost time for your next regularly scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule.
- Do not apply two doses at the same time.
Proper Zetacet (Topical) Storage
Store Zetacet (Topical) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Zetacet (Topical) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Zetacet (Topical)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Unless approved by your doctor, You should not use other creams, lotions, or medicines on your skin, including sunscreen, and cosmetics (make-up) that contains alcohol.
Zetacet (Topical) Warnings
- Talk to your doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Avoid other sources of skin irritation during use (such as sunlight, tanning beds, or sunlamps) unless approved by your doctor.
- Check with your doctor before using this medicine if you have kidney problems.
Zetacet (Topical) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Skin rash, or itching
- Severe skin swelling, burning, or blistering If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Peeling of skin
- Mild stinging