Zapzyt Acne (Topical)
Questions | Reviews
A few years ago, I tried using Zapzyt. It worked extremely well. However, I did have problems with my skin turning red and swollen. So I stopped using it. Now that I want to start using it again, all I can find is the gel. My skin is extremely oily an...
by Samantha in Petal, MS, 01/21/2006
Zapzyt Acne (Topical) Drug and Prescription Information
Zapzyt Acne (Topical)
Zapzyt Acne (Topical) Medication Classification
BENZOYL PEROXIDE (On the skin)
Zapzyt Acne (Topical) Brandname
Triaz, Brevoxyl-4, Brevoxyl-8, Triaz Cleanser, Benzac AC, Benzac W, Desquam-E, Zapzyt Acne, Desquam-X 10, Seba-Gel, Oxy 10 Balance Spot Treatment, Benzagel Wash, Fostex Benzoyl Peroxide, Panoxyl Aqua Gel, Benzagel-10
Zapzyt Acne (Topical) is used for the Treatment
Benzoyl Peroxide (BEN-zoe-ill per-OX-ide) Use on the skin to treat acne and other skin conditions.
When To Not Use Zapzyt Acne (Topical)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to benzoyl peroxide. Let your doctor know if you are allergic to cinnamon or anti-itch skin lotions.
How Should You Use Zapzyt Acne (Topical)
Soap, Liquid, Pad, Gel/Jelly, Cream, Lotion
- Your doctor will tell you how much to use and how often. Use only on your skin. Do not get this medicine in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- If you have fair skin, use your first dose of this medicine at bedtime.
- Rinse the skin areas with water before putting on the cleanser. Wash your face with the cleanser once or twice daily.
- To use the gel, cream, lotion, or stick: Clean or shave the area on your skin 30 minutes before putting the medicine on. This will prevent irritation from the alcohol. Use your fingertips to put the medicine on. Rub lightly on and around the affected area. Then wash your hands with soap and water.
- To use the facial mask: Wash your face and dry well. Put on a thin layer of the mask with your fingertips. Let the mask dry for about 25 minutes. Rinse with warm water and dry.
- Do not get the cream on your neck, or in your eyes, mouth, or nose. If a dose is missed:
- If you forget to use this medicine, use it as soon as you remember.
Proper Zapzyt Acne (Topical) Storage
Store Zapzyt Acne (Topical) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Zapzyt Acne (Topical) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Zapzyt Acne (Topical)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Using PABA sunscreen and benzoyl peroxide together may cause your skin to change color. Ask your pharmacist for a sunscreen product that does not contain PABA.
Zapzyt Acne (Topical) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Benzoyl peroxide may bleach hair or clothes.
- While you are using benzoyl peroxide, avoid using things that may irritate your skin, such as sunlight, sun lamps, cleansers with alcohol in them, or other acne lotions.
Zapzyt Acne (Topical) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Burning, blistering, swollen, or peeling skin If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Dry or warm skin
- Mild stinging or redness