Questions | Reviews
Vasocon A is no longer available in the UK or in the US. I have tried a range of other eye drops, but they are ineffective. Can you please advise : 1. where Vasocon A might still be obtained; 2. why Novartis/CIBA Vision are no longer producing these d...
by Gordon in Scotland, 02/27/2006
I have been using Vasocon A for 25 years have had no side effects, except good ones.So why was it removed from stores?. I have looked everywhere. Tried everything else nothing workes as well. Are there sideeffects we do not know about? Lynda
by Lynda in Nova Scotia , Canada, 04/07/2008
Vasocon-A (Ophthalmic) Drug and Prescription Information
Vasocon-A (Ophthalmic) Medication Classification
ANTAZOLINE/NAPHAZOLINE (Into the eye)
Vasocon-A (Ophthalmic) Brandname
Vasocon-A (Ophthalmic) is used for the Treatment
Antazoline (an-TAZ-oh-leen), Naphazoline (naf-AZ-oh-leen) Treats eye irritations caused by allergies.
When To Not Use Vasocon-A (Ophthalmic)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to naphazoline or antazoline, or if you have narrow-angle glaucoma.
How Should You Use Vasocon-A (Ophthalmic)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to. This medicine is not for long-term use.
- Wash your hands before and after using the medicine.
- Shake the eye drops well just before each use.
- Lie down or tilt your head back. With your index finger, pull down the lower lid of your eye to form a pocket.
- To use the eye drops: Hold the dropper close to your eye with the other hand. Drop the correct number of drops into the pocket made between your lower lid and eyeball. Gently close your eyes. Place your index finger over the inner corner of your eye for 1 minute. Do not rinse or wipe the dropper or allow it to touch anything, including your eye. Put the cap on the bottle right away. Keep the bottle upright when you are not using it. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Vasocon-A (Ophthalmic) Storage
Store Vasocon-A (Ophthalmic) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Vasocon-A (Ophthalmic) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Vasocon-A (Ophthalmic)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Vasocon-A (Ophthalmic) Warnings
- Check with your doctor if you wear contact lenses. You may need to wear glasses while using this medicine.
- Check with your doctor before using this medicine if you have heart disease, diabetes, an eye infection, high blood pressure, or an overactive thyroid.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk with your doctor before taking this medicine.
- If your eyes get worse while using this medicine, contact your doctor.
Vasocon-A (Ophthalmic) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Severe eye itching or eye pain that was not there before using this medicine
- Dizziness and weakness If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild stinging or burning of the eye
- Tearing of the eye
- Large (dilated) pupil