Sunkist Vitamin C (Oral)
We don't currently have any questions about Sunkist Vitamin C (Oral).
Sunkist Vitamin C (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Sunkist Vitamin C (Oral)
Sunkist Vitamin C (Oral) Medication Classification
ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C) (By mouth)
Sunkist Vitamin C (Oral) Brandname
Ascocid-500, One-Gram C, Sunkist Vitamin C, Cecon, Vitamin C/Rose Hips, Ascocid-500-D, Cemill 500, Cevi-Bid, Cemill 1000, Mega-C, Protexin
Sunkist Vitamin C (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Ascorbic Acid (a-SKOR-bik AS-id) Helps patients who do not have enough Vitamin C in the body. It is sometimes used to add acidity to the urine.
When To Not Use Sunkist Vitamin C (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to ascorbic acid (vitamin C).
How Should You Use Sunkist Vitamin C (Oral)
Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Long Acting Tablet, Long Acting Capsule, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often. Always follow the dose instructions on the label if you take this medicine in over-the-counter form.
- May be taken with or without food.
- Swallow the tablet or capsule whole, do not chew or crush.
- Chew the chewable tablet and swallow.
- Carefully measure the oral liquid using a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup, or with the dropper that comes with the medicine. This medicine may either be mixed with foods such as cereal and fruit juice, or be dropped into the mouth. If a dose is missed:
- Try not to miss any doses; however, it is usually not a problem if you miss one or two doses.
Proper Sunkist Vitamin C (Oral) Storage
Store Sunkist Vitamin C (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Sunkist Vitamin C (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Sunkist Vitamin C (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking a blood thinner, such as Coumadin®.
Sunkist Vitamin C (Oral) Warnings
- Check with your doctor before taking vitamin C if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have any medical problems.
- Ascorbic acid may interfere with tests that measure sugar in the urine of patients with diabetes.
Sunkist Vitamin C (Oral) Side Effects
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea and vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea