SULFANILAMIDE (Vaginal) (Cream
SULFANILAMIDE (Vaginal) (Cream Drug and Prescription Information
SULFANILAMIDE (Vaginal) (Cream
SULFANILAMIDE (Vaginal) (Cream Medication Classification
SULFANILAMIDE (Vaginal) (Cream Brandname
SULFANILAMIDE (Vaginal) (Cream is used for the Treatment
Sulfanilamide (sul-FAN-i-la-mide) Treats vaginal yeast and bacterial infections.Belongs to a class of drugs known as sulfonamides or sulfa drugs.
When To Not Use SULFANILAMIDE (Vaginal) (Cream
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to any sulfonamide or sulfa drug (such as Gantanol® or Gantrisin®). Let your doctor know if you have a history of kidney or blood disorders or porphyria (a metabolic disorder).
How Should You Use SULFANILAMIDE (Vaginal) (Cream
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to take and how often. Wash your hands before and after using this medicine.
- The medicine is a cream that is in a tube. You will use an applicator to put the cream into your vagina. The applicator is an empty plastic tube called a barrel that is open at one end and has a plunger at the other end.
- Remove the cap from the end of the tube of cream. Squeeze the cream from the tube into the open end of the applicator until the barrel is filled with cream.
- If you are using the vaginal suppository, unwrap the suppository and place it in the applicator with the pointed side up. You may wet the suppository with warm water or a water soluble lubricating gel (K-Y® Jelly). You should not use petroleum jelly (Vaseline®).
- Put the applicator into your vagina as far as you can and push the plunger all the way in. Remove the applicator and wash it with warm, soapy water.
- Wear only clean cotton underwear (panties) instead of nylon or rayon underwear. The medicine will come out of your vagina, so wear a minipad or sanitary napkin to protect your clothing. Be sure to use this medicine for the full course of your prescription. Continue to use it even if your menstrual period begins. Use pads rather than tampons. If a dose is missed:
- Insert the missed dose as soon as possible.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper SULFANILAMIDE (Vaginal) (Cream Storage
Store SULFANILAMIDE (Vaginal) (Cream at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep SULFANILAMIDE (Vaginal) (Cream and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using SULFANILAMIDE (Vaginal) (Cream
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not douche or use any other vaginal products while using this medicine unless your doctor tells you to.
SULFANILAMIDE (Vaginal) (Cream Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Keep this cream away from your mouth and eyes (wash your hands after handling this medicine).
SULFANILAMIDE (Vaginal) (Cream Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe vaginal itching or burning
- Skin rash or hives and itching If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild vaginal irritation or burning