SudoGest Cold & Allergy (Oral)
SudoGest Cold & Allergy (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
SudoGest Cold & Allergy (Oral)
SudoGest Cold & Allergy (Oral) Medication Classification
ANTIHISTAMINES/DECONGESTANT (By mouth)
SudoGest Cold & Allergy (Oral) Brandname
Allegra-D, Zyrtec-D, Nalex-A, Rynatan, Bromfenex PD, Semprex-D, R-Tanna, Tanafed DP, Bromfenex, Trinalin Repetabs, Lodrane 12D, Lodrane Liquid, Lodrane LD, Drixoral, Actifed
SudoGest Cold & Allergy (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Treats stuffy nose, sneezing, runny nose, and sinus congestion caused by hay fever, colds, or flu.
When To Not Use SudoGest Cold & Allergy (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to any antihistamine or decongestant. You should not use this medicine if you have taken an MAO inhibitor (such as Nardil®, Marplan®, or Parnate®) within the past 14 days.
How Should You Use SudoGest Cold & Allergy (Oral)
Capsule, Long Acting Capsule, Tablet, Long Acting Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Dissolving Tablet, Liquid, Drop
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Completely chew the chewable tablet before swallowing it. Swallow the regular tablet, regular capsule, extended-release tablet, or extended-release capsule whole. Do not crush, break, or chew it.
- If you use a powder, stir the medicine into water and drink it right away. Do not keep any unused mixture to take later.
- If you are using the Softchew®, you may let it melt in your mouth, or you may chew it. If you are using the dissolving tablet, let the tablet melt in your mouth.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, medicine cup, oral syringe, or medicine dropper.
- You might need to shake the oral liquid well just before you use it. Follow the directions on the label or ask your pharmacist. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper SudoGest Cold & Allergy (Oral) Storage
Store SudoGest Cold & Allergy (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep SudoGest Cold & Allergy (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using SudoGest Cold & Allergy (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or using any other medicines that make you sleepy. These include sleeping pills, other cold and allergy medicine, narcotic pain relievers, and sedatives.
SudoGest Cold & Allergy (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, liver disease, glaucoma, asthma, emphysema, seizure disorder, a disorder of the urinary tract, or an overactive thyroid.
- If your symptoms do not improve within 7 days or if they get worse, call your doctor. If you have a severe sore throat, fever, or thick yellow or green mucus, call your doctor.
- Some brands of this medicine may contain phenylalanine (aspartame). If you have a health problem called phenylketonuria, ask your doctor before using this medicine.
- This medicine can make you drowsy or restless. Avoid taking at bedtime if it makes you restless. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
- Some brands of this medicine may contain alcohol. Read the label carefully or ask your pharmacist so you know what is in your product.
- Children may be more sensitive to this medicine than adults, especially if they take too much. Always read the medicine label closely so you give your child the right amount. Ask your pharmacist or doctor if you are not sure how much medicine to give your child.
SudoGest Cold & Allergy (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat
- Severe headache
- Skin rash, hives, or itching
- Trouble breathing If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Dry mouth, nose, or throat
- Trouble urinating