Questions | Reviews
Is is ok to take Sudanyl with Benadryl 25 mg? Is it safe?
by Kelli in Colorado Spring, CO, 07/13/2009
How much Pseudoephedrine is in Sudanyl and what is the usual dosage of Sudanyl? Does Sudanyl have a dosage--oral?
by Sue Hunter in N.C., 04/24/2007
can you please tell me whats all in sudanyl (nasal & sinus decongestant). i need to know because my girlfriend happened to take TWO TY cold and flu & TWO sudanyl so i need to know if she going to be ok are not thank you
by robert in wichita falls,tx, 11/17/2006
Why do I bother canillg up people when I can just read this!
by Sewana in Sewana, 01/14/2014
To Whom it May Concern: I am interested in ordering this SUDANYL for the staff at my school and was wondering if the INGREDIENTS HAVE CHANGED IN THE PAST FEW YEARS??? It seemed to work well for the vast majority... some of them call it th...
by Barbara Shaffer in Mt. Pleasant , Pa., 01/22/2009
Sudanyl (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Sudanyl (Oral) Medication Classification
PSEUDOEPHEDRINE (By mouth)
Sudanyl (Oral) Brandname
Sudafed, Pediacare Decongestant Infants, Sudafed 12 Hour, Simply Stuffy, Dimetapp Decongestant Pediatric, Pseudo-Gest, Cenafed, Pseudocot, Sudanyl, Sudodrin, Sudodrine, Sudo-Tab, Kodet Se, Genaphed, Ridafed
Sudanyl (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Pseudoephedrine (soo-doe-e-FED-rin) Treats stuffy nose and sinuses caused by the common cold, hay fever, or sinus infection. This medicine is a decongestant.
When To Not Use Sudanyl (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to pseudoephedrine.
How Should You Use Sudanyl (Oral)
Long Acting Capsule, Capsule, Long Acting Tablet, Tablet, Liquid, Chewable Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label. If this medicine makes you feel restless, avoid taking it at bedtime.
- Swallow the capsule or tablet whole. Do not crush, chew, or break.
- The chewable tablet must be chewed completely before you swallow it. Do not swallow it whole.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Sudanyl (Oral) Storage
Store Sudanyl (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Sudanyl (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Sudanyl (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use pseudoephedrine with cocaine or monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors (Parnate®, Marplan®, Eldepryl®).
Sudanyl (Oral) Warnings
- Check with your doctor before using if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate, or an overactive thyroid.
- You should not use this medicine for more than 7 days unless ordered by a doctor.
- If you do not get better after using this medicine for 7 days, or if you have a fever, talk to your doctor.
Sudanyl (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Chest pain
- Very fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat
- Wheezing or shortness of breath
- Convulsions (seizures)
- Severe restlessness
- Hallucinations If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nervousness or dizziness
- Trouble sleeping
- Nausea or upset stomach