Sudal SR (Oral)
Sudal SR (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Sudal SR (Oral)
Sudal SR (Oral) Medication Classification
DECONGESTANT/EXPECTORANT (By mouth)
Sudal SR (Oral) Brandname
Guaifenex PSE 80, Guaifenex PSE 60, Guaifenex PSE 120, Crantex, Ami-Tex PSE, Pseudovent Ped, Sudal 60/500, Liquibid-D, Panmist LA, Panmist Jr, Prolex-D, Aquatab D, GFN 1200/Phenylephrine 40, Pseudovent, Medent LD
Sudal SR (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Treats stuffy nose and chest congestion caused by hay fever, colds, sinus problems, or flu.
When To Not Use Sudal SR (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any decongestant or cough medicine. You should not use this medicine if you have taken an MAO inhibitor such as Nardil®, Marplan®, Eldepryl®, or Parnate® within the past 14 days.
How Should You Use Sudal SR (Oral)
Capsule, Liquid Filled Capsule, Long Acting Capsule, Tablet, Long Acting Tablet, Coated Tablet, Liquid, Chewable Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- You may take your medicine with food or milk to avoid stomach upset.
- To help loosen mucus or phlegm in the lungs, drink a glass of water after taking this medicine.
- This medicine may make you restless. If you have trouble sleeping, take your medicine well before bedtime.
- Chew the chewable tablet thoroughly before you swallow it, or you may let the chewable tablet melt slowly in your mouth. If you use any other kind of tablet or capsule, swallow it whole. Do not crush, break, or chew, unless the directions say you may break or open it.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup. You might need to shake the medicine before using it. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Sudal SR (Oral) Storage
Store Sudal SR (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Sudal SR (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Sudal SR (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using medicine to lower your blood pressure. It may not work properly if you also use a decongestant/expectorant.
- Avoid using diet pills (Accutrim®, Dexatrim®) while using this medicine.
- You should not use with an MAO inhibitor (Nardil®, Marplan®, Eldepryl®, or Parnate®).
Sudal SR (Oral) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Before using this medicine, let your doctor know if you have heart disease, asthma, high blood pressure, diabetes, liver disease, glaucoma, disorder of the urinary tract, or an overactive thyroid.
- This medicine might contain phenylalanine (aspartame). This is only a concern if you have a disorder called phenylketonuria (a problem with amino acids). Talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- This medicine might contain alcohol or sodium (salt). If you are not sure what is in the medicine and you are concerned, ask your pharmacist.
- Children may be more sensitive to this medicine than adults, especially if too much medicine is used. Always read medicine labels closely and give your child the right amount. If you are not sure how much medicine to use, ask your pharmacist.
Sudal SR (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat
- Severe headache
- Trouble breathing
- Skin rash, hives, or itching If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Stomach upset
- Trouble sleeping