Sudal DM (Oral)
Questions | Reviews
I would like to know what the Drug Sudal 12 chw 4-30mg is used to treat and what the side effects are. They were perscribed for sinus problems. Thanks
by Marvin Smith in AR, 03/15/2008
I have a head full, or feels like of cold, ears feel like flluid in them, I have an old prescription for the above and wondered if this would be good for that. I also have a bit of sore throat due to drainage. I am on the following meds. fllexeral 10 ...
by Jean Foskey in Georgia, 09/21/2006
Can I take Sudal DM if I have glaucoma?
by Sandee in atlanta, ga, 11/22/2006
Sudal DM (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Sudal DM (Oral)
Sudal DM (Oral) Medication Classification
ANTITUSSIVE/EXPECTORANT (By mouth)
Sudal DM (Oral) Brandname
Guaifenex DM, Prolex DM, Guaifenesin DM, Gani-Tuss-DM NR, Tussi-Bid, Amibid DM, HT-Tuss DM, Robitussin DM, Guiatussin w/DM, Benylin Expectorant, Tussi-Organidin DM-S NR, Tussi-Organidin DM NR, Iofen-DM NF, Orgadin-Tuss DM, Diabetic Tussin DM
Sudal DM (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Treats a dry, irritated cough caused by the flu or the common cold.
When To Not Use Sudal DM (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any cough or cold medicine.
How Should You Use Sudal DM (Oral)
Liquid, Tablet, Long Acting Tablet, Capsule, Liquid Filled Capsule, Long Acting Capsule, Lozenge
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup. You might need to shake the medicine before you use it.
- Swallow the capsule or tablet whole, unless the directions say otherwise. Do not break, crush, or chew it, unless the directions say you can break or open it.
- Place the lozenge in your mouth and let it melt slowly. Do not swallow the lozenge whole.
- This medicine is supposed to help loosen phlegm and thin mucus in the lungs. Drink extra fluids, and keep the air around you moist with a humidifier or steam vaporizer. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Sudal DM (Oral) Storage
Store Sudal DM (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Sudal DM (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Sudal DM (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are using this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using sleeping pills, sedatives, other cold and allergy medicines, muscle relaxants, tranquilizers, or pain pills before you use this medicine.
- You should not use with monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors such as Nardil®, Parnate®, Eldepryl®, or Marplan® without your doctor's approval.
Sudal DM (Oral) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Talk to your doctor if you have asthma, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, or a liver disease before you take this medicine.
- Some liquid cough medicines contain alcohol.
- Call your doctor if your cough does not improve or lasts longer than 7 days.
- Call your doctor if your cough gets worse, if you cough up yellow mucus, or if you have a fever, rash, sore throat, vomiting, or continuing headache with the cough.
Sudal DM (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Trouble breathing
- Trouble urinating
- Changes in the amount of urine
- Severe drowsiness
- Rash or itching If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Drowsiness, dizziness
- Nervousness, restlessness
- Upset stomach