Sudafed 12 Hour (Oral)
Questions | Reviews
Mutual insurance QuotesChimp are formed and operated by con�sumers of insurance. Unlike a stock company, where the purchase of a policy gives the owner no interest in the insurance company itself, the very act of buying a policy from a mutual compan...
by Brandywine in Brandywine, 03/06/2014
I've known two people who have done shots: one went for them twice a week from 4th grade thrugoh high school graduation (and possibly beyond) and the other has gotten them regularly for years. Neither seemed to have any demonstrable improvement in sym...
by Rose in Rose, 01/13/2014
Sudafed 12 Hour (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Sudafed 12 Hour (Oral)
Sudafed 12 Hour (Oral) Medication Classification
PSEUDOEPHEDRINE (By mouth)
Sudafed 12 Hour (Oral) Brandname
Sudafed, Pediacare Decongestant Infants, Sudafed 12 Hour, Simply Stuffy, Dimetapp Decongestant Pediatric, Pseudo-Gest, Cenafed, Pseudocot, Sudanyl, Sudodrin, Sudodrine, Sudo-Tab, Kodet Se, Genaphed, Ridafed
Sudafed 12 Hour (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Pseudoephedrine (soo-doe-e-FED-rin) Treats stuffy nose and sinuses caused by the common cold, hay fever, or sinus infection. This medicine is a decongestant.
When To Not Use Sudafed 12 Hour (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to pseudoephedrine.
How Should You Use Sudafed 12 Hour (Oral)
Long Acting Capsule, Capsule, Long Acting Tablet, Tablet, Liquid, Chewable Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label. If this medicine makes you feel restless, avoid taking it at bedtime.
- Swallow the capsule or tablet whole. Do not crush, chew, or break.
- The chewable tablet must be chewed completely before you swallow it. Do not swallow it whole.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Sudafed 12 Hour (Oral) Storage
Store Sudafed 12 Hour (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Sudafed 12 Hour (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Sudafed 12 Hour (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use pseudoephedrine with cocaine or monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors (Parnate®, Marplan®, Eldepryl®).
Sudafed 12 Hour (Oral) Warnings
- Check with your doctor before using if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate, or an overactive thyroid.
- You should not use this medicine for more than 7 days unless ordered by a doctor.
- If you do not get better after using this medicine for 7 days, or if you have a fever, talk to your doctor.
Sudafed 12 Hour (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Chest pain
- Very fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat
- Wheezing or shortness of breath
- Convulsions (seizures)
- Severe restlessness
- Hallucinations If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nervousness or dizziness
- Trouble sleeping
- Nausea or upset stomach