SUCCIMER (Oral) (Capsule)
SUCCIMER (Oral) (Capsule) Drug and Prescription Information
SUCCIMER (Oral) (Capsule)
SUCCIMER (Oral) (Capsule) Medication Classification
SUCCIMER (By mouth)
SUCCIMER (Oral) (Capsule) Brandname
SUCCIMER (Oral) (Capsule) is used for the Treatment
Succimer (SUKS-si-mer) Treats lead poisoning.
When To Not Use SUCCIMER (Oral) (Capsule)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to succimer.
How Should You Use SUCCIMER (Oral) (Capsule)
- Your doctor will tell you how much to use and how often.
- Swallow the capsule whole with plenty of liquid.
- If you are not able to swallow the capsule whole, open it and sprinkle the beads over small amount of soft food and swallow right away. You may also put the contents of the capsule in a spoon, swallow, and follow with a fruit drink. If a dose is missed:
- Use the missed dose as soon as possible, unless it is almost time for your next dose.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper SUCCIMER (Oral) (Capsule) Storage
Store SUCCIMER (Oral) (Capsule) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep SUCCIMER (Oral) (Capsule) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using SUCCIMER (Oral) (Capsule)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
SUCCIMER (Oral) (Capsule) Warnings
- If you are pregnant talk to your doctor before using this medicine. Do not breastfeed while using succimer.
- Talk with your doctor before using succimer if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Do not stop using this medicine without first talking with your doctor.
- This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy. Avoid driving or using machinery until you know how the medicine will affect you.
- Succimer may cause incorrect results in tests used to check your urine for ketones. If you have diabetes, ask your doctor what strips you can use to test your urine.
- You will need to have your blood tested regularly while using succimer to make sure the medicine is working and is not causing harmful side effects.
- It is important to find out where the lead that makes you sick comes from and to get rid of it. You may need to leave your home or stay away from the source of the lead until the lead is removed.
- Drink plenty of liquids while you are being treated with this medicine.
SUCCIMER (Oral) (Capsule) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Fever, sore throat, or chills
- Skin rash If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Feeling dizzy or drowsy
- Back pain
- Stomach cramps
- Nausea or vomiting
- Appetite loss
- Metallic taste in your mouth