Questions | Reviews
I worrk as an RN case manager in a surgical unit in an acute hospital. The dotor prescribed Stromectol for presumed scabies. The infection control nurse at the hospital is unable to find out how long after taking the first dose (15 mg) of ...
by Anne Moore in Whittier, CA, 10/23/2006
In the event the area of private insurance is not used to QuotesChimp you shouldn't be worried. From time you conclude this website, you should have more insurance information than 99-percent of the populace. Better still, you'll be on also ground by ...
by Starr in Starr, 03/06/2014
We are out on the beaches each night but bcasuee we're covering 12 miles, we're sometimes hard to track down. If you do happen to find us, feel free to say hi! There are six team members working this year. If you find us with a leatherback, we are hap...
by Jamtani in Jamtani, 01/13/2014
Stromectol (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Stromectol (Oral) Medication Classification
IVERMECTIN (By mouth)
Stromectol (Oral) Brandname
Stromectol (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Ivermectin (eye-ver-MEK-tin) Treats infections caused by roundworms, threadworms, and other parasites. Belongs to a class of drugs called anthelmintics.
When To Not Use Stromectol (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to ivermectin.
How Should You Use Stromectol (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use and how often.
- Take the tablet with water.
- Usually, you will need only one dose of the medicine to treat your infection.
- However, patients with immune system disorders, such as those with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, may need to use a dose every 2 weeks for several weeks to treat the infection. Some patients may need to use the medicine every month to keep the infection from coming back. If a dose is missed:
- If you are using the medicine regularly, and miss your dose, call your doctor for instructions.
Proper Stromectol (Oral) Storage
Store Stromectol (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Stromectol (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Stromectol (Oral)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Stromectol (Oral) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk with your doctor before using this medicine.
- If you are being treated for an intestinal infection from threadworms, you will need to have your bowel movements tested to make sure that the infection is gone. It is very important that you have these tests done as often as your doctor orders.
- If you are being treated for river blindness (onchocerciasis), you may need retreatment and surgery to kill the adult parasite. You will need to see your doctor for follow up care.
Stromectol (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Intense itching, or severe rash or hives
- Joint pain, or swelling or tenderness under your arms, in your neck, or around your groin
- Eye inflammation
- Unexplained fever If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain
- Feeling weak or tired
- Mild rash or mild itching