Stimate (Nasal) Drug and Prescription Information
Stimate (Nasal) Medication Classification
DESMOPRESSIN (Into the nose)
Stimate (Nasal) Brandname
DDAVP, Minirin, Stimate, DDAVP Rhinal Tube
Stimate (Nasal) is used for the Treatment
Desmopressin (des-moe-PRES-in) Prevents or controls thirst and frequent urination caused by diabetes insipidus and certain brain injuries. Also helps stop some types of bedwetting.
When To Not Use Stimate (Nasal)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to desmopressin.
How Should You Use Stimate (Nasal)
- Your doctor will tell you how much to use and how often.
- Blow your nose before using. Never swallow this medicine.
- Rinse the tip of the nasal spray with hot water and dry with a clean tissue. The bottle contains enough medicine for 50 doses. Any liquid that is left in the bottle after 50 doses are taken should be thrown away.
- The Rhinal Tube is a soft plastic tube with numbers (doses) marked on the side. Draw the drops into the tube until the liquid reaches the number of your dose. Put one end of the tube into your nose and the other end into your mouth. Blow gently until all the medicine has sprayed into your nose. Do not let any medicine run down through the tube into your mouth. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Stimate (Nasal) Storage
Store Stimate (Nasal) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Stimate (Nasal) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Stimate (Nasal)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You may need to limit the amount of fluids or water you drink each day. Check with your doctor.
Stimate (Nasal) Warnings
- Check with your doctor before taking desmopressin if you have high blood pressure, heart problems, bleeding or clotting disorders, or have had heart bypass surgery.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
Stimate (Nasal) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe headache that does not go away
- Swelling, fluid retention, swelling of the legs or ankles
- Skin rash, trouble breathing, hives If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Irritation of the nose, nosebleeds, sore throat
- Watery eyes
- Upset stomach