Staticin (Topical) Drug and Prescription Information
Staticin (Topical) Medication Classification
ERYTHROMYCIN (On the skin)
Staticin (Topical) Brandname
Staticin, Theramycin Z, T-Stat, A/T/S, Eryderm, Emgel, Erygel, Erycette, Akne-Mycin
Staticin (Topical) is used for the Treatment
Erythromycin (er-ith-roe-MYE-sin) Used on the skin to treat acne. Belongs to a class of drugs called antibiotics.
When To Not Use Staticin (Topical)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to erythromycin.
How Should You Use Staticin (Topical)
Ointment, Pad, Lotion, Gel/Jelly, Liquid, Swab
- Your doctor will tell you how often to use the medicine.
- Use this medicine on the skin only. Never swallow it.
- Wash and dry the affected area before using the medicine.
- The medicine should be spread lightly over the affected area (on and around the acne). Do not rub it into your skin.
- Keep medicine away from the eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Wash your hands well after using this medicine.
- The pledgets (swabs) or pads should be used just once and then thrown away. If a dose is missed:
- Apply the missed dose as soon as possible.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use twice as much medicine if you miss a dose.
Proper Staticin (Topical) Storage
Store Staticin (Topical) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Staticin (Topical) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Staticin (Topical)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Check with your doctor before using any other acne medicine on your skin.
Staticin (Topical) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
Staticin (Topical) Side Effects
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Skin rash, redness, swelling or itching
- Dry or peeling skin
- Tenderness, stinging or burning
- Eye irritation