Soothe & Cool Inzo Antifungal (Topical)
Soothe & Cool Inzo Antifungal (Topical) Drug and Prescription Information
Soothe & Cool Inzo Antifungal (Topical)
Soothe & Cool Inzo Antifungal (Topical) Medication Classification
ANTIFUNGALS (On the skin)
Soothe & Cool Inzo Antifungal (Topical) Brandname
Nizoral, Penlac, Loprox, Spectazole, Mentax, Nystop, Loprox TS, Oxistat, Naftin, Lamisil, Lotrimin, Lamisil AT Athlete's Foot, Zeasorb-AF, Tinactin, Fungoid
Soothe & Cool Inzo Antifungal (Topical) is used for the Treatment
Treat fungus infections of the skin. Some of these infections are "athlete's foot," "jock itch," and yeast infections. Antifungal shampoo is used to treat dandruff.
When To Not Use Soothe & Cool Inzo Antifungal (Topical)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to antifungals such as econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole, butoconazole, clotrimazole, or terconazole. Unless your doctor tells you to, you should not use topical antifungals on children under 2 years of age. You should not use for diaper rash.
How Should You Use Soothe & Cool Inzo Antifungal (Topical)
Cream, Powder, Spray, Foam, Shampoo, Pad, Lotion, Gel/Jelly, Ointment, Spray, Liquid, Powder for Solution
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
- If you are using this medicine with a prescription, the medicine might come with patient instructions. Read and follow these instructions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- This medicine is for use on the skin only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. Do not use on skin areas that have cuts or scrapes. If it does get on these areas, rinse it off right away.
- To use the cream, liquid, powder, lotion, gel, or ointment: Before putting this medicine on, wash the skin with soap and water, and then dry with a towel. Apply a thin layer to the affected area. Rub it in gently.Use on both feet if you have athlete's foot. You might need to shake the liquid or lotion before using it.
- To use the powder: Before putting this medicine on, wash the skin with soap and water, and then dry with a towel. Apply a thin layer to the affected area. Use on both feet and inside your socks if you have athlete's foot.
- To use the spray: Shake the spray can just before using. Hold the can 6 to 10 inches from the skin and spray. If you use the aerosol spray on your feet, spray it on the top, bottom, and between the toes of both feet. Also spray some in your socks and shoes (treat both feet the same).
- To use the shampoo: Wet hair and scalp thoroughly with water. Work the shampoo into a lather and gently massage it over your whole scalp for about 1 minute. Rinse the hair thoroughly. Wash hair again and leave the shampoo on your scalp for another 3 minutes. Shampoo every 4 days for 4 weeks. Always allow at least 3 days between using the shampoo.
- Keep using the medicine for as long as your doctor has told you to, even if you think your symptoms are gone. If you do not use your medicine for the full treatment time, your infection may return.
- Do not inhale the aerosol spray or use it near heat, open flame, or while smoking. Do not puncture, break, or burn the aerosol can.
- Throw away the pad or swab after using it. Do not save an opened pad or swab to use later.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage unless your doctor has told you to. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Soothe & Cool Inzo Antifungal (Topical) Storage
Store Soothe & Cool Inzo Antifungal (Topical) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Soothe & Cool Inzo Antifungal (Topical) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Soothe & Cool Inzo Antifungal (Topical)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use other medicines on the same area of skin unless your doctor tells you to.
- Do not use cosmetics or other skin care products on the treated skin areas.
Soothe & Cool Inzo Antifungal (Topical) Warnings
- If you are pregnant (or may become pregnant) or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- The liquid and spray forms of this medicine might be flammable. Keep them away from high heat and open flames at all times.
- If your symptoms do not get better after about a week, or get worse while using this medicine, call your doctor.
- Antifungal shampoo may remove the curls from hair that has been treated with a permanent.
- Each antifungal medicine was made to treat a certain kind of infection. Use only the medicine your doctor has prescribed. You should not use an over-the-counter product in place of what your doctor has told you to use.
Soothe & Cool Inzo Antifungal (Topical) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Itching, rash, swelling, or redness that was not there before you used this medicine If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Stinging, burning, or redness where medicine is put on
- Dry or oily hair (with shampoo use)