Questions | Reviews
I am presently on the medication Triazolam 0.25 mg. The medication leaves me tired and all ways sleepy the following day . I have been taking for the last four years. Does Somnote have the same side effects ? I read your statement on side effects . Wo...
by Bob in Waynesboro ,Va. 22980, 07/31/2006
I TAKE SOMNOTE FOR SLEEP, PLUS ROZEREM, AND IF NEEDED LUNESTA. I SUFFER FROM IN SOMNIA DEPRESSION, ANXIETY. ONE OF THE MEDICATIONS SEEM TO HELP WITH ANXIETY WHERE ANXIETY MEDICATIONS HAS NOT WORKED FOR ME THAT WHERE PRECRIBED FOR ANXIETY. I'...
by ELEE RICHARDSON in DALLAS, TEXAS, 11/12/2006
Somnote (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Somnote (Oral) Medication Classification
CHLORAL HYDRATE (By mouth)
Somnote (Oral) Brandname
Somnote (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Chloral Hydrate (klor-al HYE-drate) Treats insomnia (trouble sleeping) and used to calm patients before or after surgery.
When To Not Use Somnote (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to chloral hydrate. You should not use chloral hydrate if you have liver or kidney disease, severe heart disease, gastritis (inflammation of the stomach), or stomach ulcers.
How Should You Use Somnote (Oral)
Liquid Filled Capsule, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to take and how often.
- Take this medicine exactly as your doctor ordered.
- Do not chew or open the capsule. Swallow it whole with a full glass of water or fruit juice.
- Mix the oral liquid with one-half glass of water, ginger ale, or fruit juice. If a dose is missed:
- Take your medicine as soon as you remember that you have missed your dose.
- If it is nearly time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at one time.
Proper Somnote (Oral) Storage
Store Somnote (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Somnote (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Somnote (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or taking any medicine that could make you sleepy such as cold or allergy medicines, sleeping pills, other sedatives, muscle relaxants, tranquilizers, or narcotic pain killers while taking chloral hydrate.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking Coumadin®.
Somnote (Oral) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if you have severe heart disease.
- This medicine may cause drowsiness. Be careful if you are driving or are using machinery.
- This medicine may be habit-forming. You should not use more of this drug that your doctor ordered. Do not suddenly stop taking chloral hydrate without first asking your doctor.
Somnote (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Hallucinations or confusion
- Severe rash or hives
- Trouble breathing If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain
- Dizziness or lightheadedness