Questions | Reviews
I got a bottle with 8iu of somatropin, how much should I mix the water with this? thanks Kenny
by kenny in alabama, 12/16/2007
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE PROPER DOSAGE FOR SUMATROPIN INJECTABLE. HOW OFTEN, ML,& SIZE OF SYRINGE. PRESCRIBED FOR A MAN IN HIS 40'S AND USUAL PROBLEMS SUCH AS TIRED OFTEN,LOW SEX DRIVE,OVERWEIGHT,FEELS SLUGISH, WEAK IN MUSCLES. PLEASE INDICATE...
by bill neace in usa, 03/03/2007
QuotesChimp Reviews journal. This not-for-profit regular (which, incidentally, takes no ad) is available of evaluating and different different products out there. Every so often that it contrasts and compares different sorts of private insurance along...
by India in India, 03/04/2014
Smart thinking - levitra buy comment leave heliomeds.com at of looking clever way a comparehealthinsur.com bestlifeinsurpolicy.com no physical life insurance it.
by Patsy in Patsy, 02/12/2014
SOMATROPIN Drug and Prescription Information
SOMATROPIN Medication Classification
SOMATROPIN, E-COLI DERIVED (Injection)
Nutropin AQ, Nutropin AQ Pen Cartridge, Norditropin, Nutropin, Humatrope, Genotropin, Genotropin Miniquick, Nutropin Depot
SOMATROPIN is used for the Treatment
Somatropin, E-Coli Derived (soe-ma-TROE-pin, E-KOH-lye dee-rived) Treats certain conditions in which a person's body does not grow properly or does not produce enough natural growth hormone.
When To Not Use SOMATROPIN
You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to somatropin or if you have cancer or a growing tumor.
How Should You Use SOMATROPIN
- Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose and tell you how often it should be given. This medicine is given as a shot under your skin or into a muscle.
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine. It may also be given by a home health caregiver.
- You may be taught how to use your medicine at home. Make sure you understand all instructions before giving yourself an injection. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- You will be shown the body areas where this shot can be given. Use a different body area each time you give yourself a shot. Keep track of where you give each shot to make sure you rotate body areas.
- Use a new needle and syringe each time you inject your medicine.
- The powder form of this medicine must be mixed in the liquid it comes with.
- If you are using the color-coded cartridges and injection pens, you must use the cartridge and pen with the same color. Do not insert a cartridge into a pen that is a different color. Do not use the cartridge without the pen.
- Never share your medicine with anyone. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose. Do not give two shots in one day.
Proper SOMATROPIN Storage
Store SOMATROPIN at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep SOMATROPIN and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using SOMATROPIN
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using any steroid medicine (such as cortisone, prednisone, prednisolone, Azmacort®, Flonase®, Flovent®, Nasonex®, Vancenase®), medicine for seizures (such as Depakote®, Dilantin®, Keppra, Luminal®, Tegretol®), or cyclosporine (Sandimmune®, Neoral®).
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have thyroid problems, pituitary problems, diabetes or a family history of diabetes, or a history of scoliosis (curved spine), cancer, or tumors. Tell your doctor if you are allergic to benzyl alcohol or a preservative called m-Cresol.
- Make sure any doctor who treats you knows that you are using this medicine, especially if you need to be hospitalized.
- Your doctor will need to check your progress at regular visits while you are using this medicine. Be sure to keep all appointments.
- Very rarely, this medicine stops working after you have been using it for a while. If you think growth has slowed down too much, talk to your doctor.
SOMATROPIN Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Hip or knee pain, limping
- Increased thirst or hunger, increase in how much or how often you urinate
- Nausea, vomiting, vision changes, severe headache If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Coldness, unusual tiredness, weight gain, dry, puffy skin
- Headache, muscle pain or stiffness
- Pain, redness, burning, swelling, or a lump where the shot is given
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or legs, rapid weight gain