Questions | Reviews
Dear sirs. I very need Riopan gel, and would be very pleased, if you help me find information about where can I buy it in Moscow. If it is not available in Moscow, then where can I find it to make an order. Please get back to me about th...
by Natalia in Moscow, 09/12/2008
Where can I purchase Riopan?
by Cori Westcott in St. Louis, MO USA, 03/31/2008
Riopan (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Riopan (Oral) Medication Classification
MAGALDRATE (ANTACID) (By mouth)
Riopan (Oral) Brandname
Riopan (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Magaldrate (MAG-al-drate) Treats indigestion, heartburn, and peptic ulcers.
When To Not Use Riopan (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to magaldrate.
How Should You Use Riopan (Oral)
Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often. Always follow dose instructions on the medicine label when taking this medicine without your doctor's advice.
- Take this medicine between meals and at bedtime.
- Shake the oral liquid well before each use.
- Chew the chewable tablet before swallowing.
- If you are being treated for peptic ulcer, keep taking the antacid for as long as your doctor tells you to. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for your next regular dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Riopan (Oral) Storage
Store Riopan (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Riopan (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Riopan (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use magaldrate-containing antacids within 1 to 2 hours before or after taking other medicines unless you talk with your doctor first.
- You should not use this medicine with tetracycline antibiotics.
Riopan (Oral) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Talk with your doctor before taking antacids if you have heart disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure, liver disease, severe stomach pains or diarrhea.
- Unless you are taking antacids for peptic ulcer, You should not use continually for more than 2 weeks.
- Antacids may contain large amounts of sodium.
Riopan (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Excessive weakness or tiredness
- Severe constipation
- Ankle swelling
- Bone pain
- Going to the bathroom (urinating) more often
- Changes in mood, confusion
- Headache that does not go away If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild constipation
- Unpleasant or chalky taste
- Stomach cramps or nausea
- White colored stools
- Increased thirst
- Appetite loss