Reglan (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Reglan (Oral) Medication Classification
METOCLOPRAMIDE (By mouth)
Reglan (Oral) Brandname
Reglan (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Metoclopramide (met-oh-kloe-PRA-mide) Treats gastric esophageal reflux disease (GERD). Also treats nausea, vomiting, and heartburn that are caused by a stomach problem called gastroparesis in patients with diabetes.
When To Not Use Reglan (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to metoclopramide. You should not use this medicine if you have epilepsy (seizures), bleeding or a blockage in the intestines, or pheochromocytoma (a tumor that produces adrenalin).
How Should You Use Reglan (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Take this medicine 30 minutes before each meal and at bedtime, unless your doctor tells you differently.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Reglan (Oral) Storage
Store Reglan (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Reglan (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Reglan (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using any medicines that make you sleepy (such as sleeping pills, cold and allergy medicine, narcotic pain killers, or sedatives), or if you are using an MAO inhibitor (Eldepryl®, Marplan®, Nardil®, Parnate®).
- Do not drink alcohol while you are using this medicine.
Reglan (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease, Parkinson's disease, high blood pressure, a history of depression, or have had recent surgery on your stomach.
- This medicine may make you drowsy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
Reglan (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat
- Lightheadedness or fainting
- Swelling in your hands, arms, legs, or feet
- Severe muscle stiffness, tremors, or twitching
- Trouble breathing
- Uncontrolled movement of your face, tongue, eyes, neck, or head
- Yellow skin or eyes If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Breast swelling or tenderness
- Constipation, diarrhea, nausea, stomach cramps
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Problems having sex
- Restlessness, confusion, trouble sleeping
- Skin rash, itching