QUINAPRIL (Oral) (Tablet)
QUINAPRIL (Oral) (Tablet) Drug and Prescription Information
QUINAPRIL (Oral) (Tablet)
QUINAPRIL (Oral) (Tablet) Medication Classification
QUINAPRIL (By mouth)
QUINAPRIL (Oral) (Tablet) Brandname
QUINAPRIL (Oral) (Tablet) is used for the Treatment
Quinapril (KWIN-a-pril) Treats high blood pressure (hypertension) and heart failure. This medicine is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor.
When To Not Use QUINAPRIL (Oral) (Tablet)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to captopril or other blood pressure medicine (such as Altace®, Capoten®, Lotensin®, Lotrel®, Monopril®, Prinivil®, Vasotec®, Zestril®). You should not use this medicine if you are pregnant.
How Should You Use QUINAPRIL (Oral) (Tablet)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- You may take this medicine with or without food.
- Never share your medicine with anyone. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper QUINAPRIL (Oral) (Tablet) Storage
Store QUINAPRIL (Oral) (Tablet) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep QUINAPRIL (Oral) (Tablet) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using QUINAPRIL (Oral) (Tablet)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using lithium, potassium supplements, salt substitutes, diuretics (water pills) such as amiloride (Midamor®, Moduretic®), chlorthalidone (Combipres®, Tenoretic®), furosemide (Lasix®), spironolactone (Aldactazide®, Aldactone®), or triamterene (Dyazide®, Dyrenium®, Maxzide®), or pain or arthritis medicine (such as aspirin, Advil®, Aleve®, Dolobid®, Feldene®, Indocin®, Motrin®, Orudis®, Relafen®, Voltaren®).
QUINAPRIL (Oral) (Tablet) Warnings
- Using this medicine while you are pregnant can harm your unborn baby. Use an effective form of birth control to keep from getting pregnant. If you think you have become pregnant while using the medicine, tell your doctor right away.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are breastfeeding, or if you have diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease, or lupus.
- Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you are using this medicine.
- This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
QUINAPRIL (Oral) (Tablet) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in face or hands, swelling or tingling in the mouth or throat, tightness in chest, trouble breathing
- Confusion, weakness, irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, numbness or tingling in hands, feet, or lips
- Dry mouth, increased thirst, muscle cramps, nausea or vomiting
- Fast or pounding heartbeat
- Fever, muscle or joint pain, and skin rash
- Lightheadedness or fainting
- Problems urinating, pain in side or lower back
- Swelling in the hands or feet
- Sudden stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite
- Worsening chest pain
- Yellow skin or eyes If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Change in sense of taste
- Mild nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Mild skin rash