Quenalog (Topical) Drug and Prescription Information
Quenalog (Topical) Medication Classification
NYSTATIN/TRIAMCINOLONE (On the skin)
Quenalog (Topical) Brandname
Mycolog-II, Mytrex, Quenalog
Quenalog (Topical) is used for the Treatment
Nystatin (nye-STA-tin), Triamcinolone (trye-am-SIN-oh-lone) Treats fungal infections of the skin, especially yeast infections.
When To Not Use Quenalog (Topical)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to nystatin, triamcinolone, or any cortisone drugs.
How Should You Use Quenalog (Topical)
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use and how often.
- Put the medicine on the affected area and rub in gently. Keep it out of your eyes.
- Do not put a bandage on the area unless your doctor has told you to.
- Avoid tight-fitting diapers and plastic pants if using on your child's diaper area.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes when using this medicine on the groin area (crotch).
- It is important to use this medicine for as long as your doctor tells you to. If your infection does not begin to clear up after 2 to 3 weeks, or if it gets worse, call your doctor. If a dose is missed:
- Use your medicine as soon as you remember that you have missed your dose.
- If it is nearly time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at one time.
- Try not to miss any doses of this medicine.
Proper Quenalog (Topical) Storage
Store Quenalog (Topical) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Quenalog (Topical) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Quenalog (Topical)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using any other medicines or lotions on your skin.
- If you are diabetic, ask your doctor before changing your diet or dosage of antidiabetic medicine.
Quenalog (Topical) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- If you become pregnant while using this medicine, be sure to tell your doctor.
- You should not use more often or for a longer time than your doctor ordered.
- Tell your doctor if you have any other medical problems, especially diabetes, herpes, tuberculosis of the skin, vaccina (cowpox), varicella (chickenpox), or other skin infections.
- Call your doctor if you have skin irritation that was not there before you started using this medicine.
Quenalog (Topical) Side Effects
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Blistering, burning, itching, or peeling skin
- Break-out of acne (pimples)
- Reddish purple lines on skin
- Easy bruising