Quenalin (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Quenalin (Oral) Medication Classification
DIPHENHYDRAMINE (By mouth)
Quenalin (Oral) Brandname
Benadryl, Benadryl Allergy, Serabrina LA France, Quenalin, Siladryl DAS, Siladryl Allergy, Allermax, Scot-Tussin Allergy Relief Formula, Dytuss, Silphen, Benylin Decongestant Cough, Truxadryl, Diphenhydramine HCl, Diphenyl Elixir, Altaryl
Quenalin (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Diphenhydramine (dye-fen-HYE-dra-meen) Treats hay fever and other types of allergies. May be used as a nighttime sleep aid. Belongs to a class of drugs called antihistamines.
When To Not Use Quenalin (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to diphenhydramine or any other antihistamines. This medicine should not be given to newborn infants or women who are breastfeeding.
How Should You Use Quenalin (Oral)
Capsule, Tablet, Liquid, Liquid Filled Capsule, Chewable Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to take and how often.
- You may take your medicine with food to avoid stomach upset.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
- The chewable tablet must be chewed completely before you swallow it. If a dose is missed:
- Take your medicine as soon as you remember that you have missed your dose.
- If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not take two doses at one time.
Proper Quenalin (Oral) Storage
Store Quenalin (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Quenalin (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Quenalin (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Avoid taking this medicine with other antihistamines or with monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) medicines such as Marplan®, Nardil®, or Parnate®.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine.
- Avoid taking sleeping pills, tranquilizers, sedatives, narcotic-type pain killers, or antidepressants while you are taking diphenhydramine.
Quenalin (Oral) Warnings
- Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have glaucoma, an enlarged prostate, or trouble urinating.
- Diphenhydramine may make you drowsy or dizzy. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Quenalin (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Trouble breathing or shortness of breath
- Hallucinations or nightmares
- Severe drowsiness
- Severe skin rash, itching, or hives
- Pain when urinating or change in how much or how often you urinate If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Dry mouth or throat
- Thickening of mucus
- Upset stomach