QUAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet)
QUAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet) Drug and Prescription Information
QUAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet)
QUAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet) Medication Classification
QUAZEPAM (By mouth)
QUAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet) Brandname
QUAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet) is used for the Treatment
Quazepam (KWAY-ze-pam) Treat insomnia (trouble sleeping).Belongs to a class of drugs called benzodiazepines.
When To Not Use QUAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any benzodiazepine medicine such as Valium®, Librium®, or Halcion®. You should not use if you have sleep apnea or if you are pregnant.
How Should You Use QUAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet)
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- You may take your medicine with food or milk to avoid stomach upset. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose when you remember.
- But, if it is the next day when you remember, wait until bedtime to take your medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper QUAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet) Storage
Store QUAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep QUAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using QUAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking quazepam.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking other medicines that could make you drowsy such as sedatives, tranquilizers, narcotic pain medicine, other sleeping pills, or cold or allergy medicines.
QUAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet) Warnings
- Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if you have liver, kidney, or lung disease.
- This medicine may be habit-forming. You should not use more than your doctor ordered, or take it for a longer period of time.
- If you are breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- If you have taken this medicine for a long time or in large doses, check with your doctor before stopping. You may need to take smaller and smaller doses before stopping completely.
- This medicine causes drowsiness. Avoid driving a car or using machinery.
QUAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe weakness
- Trouble breathing
- Trembling, muscle spasms If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Drowsiness, dizziness, or confusion
- Trouble concentrating, memory loss
- Dry mouth, upset stomach
- Feeling "hung over" the morning after use