Quality Choice Tussin Cold & Cough (Oral)
Quality Choice Tussin Cold & Cough (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Quality Choice Tussin Cold & Cough (Oral)
Quality Choice Tussin Cold & Cough (Oral) Medication Classification
DECONGESTANT/EXPECTORANT/ANTITUSSIVE (By mouth)
Quality Choice Tussin Cold & Cough (Oral) Brandname
Tussafed-LA, Tussafed-EX, Pseudovent DM, Protuss-DM, Robitussin Cold & Cough, Tussi-Pres, Supress DX Pediatric, Giltuss Pediatric, Tussafed-EX Pediatric, Giltuss, Genetuss-2, Formula D, Carbatuss, Broncotron-D, Genebronco-D
Quality Choice Tussin Cold & Cough (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Treats a stuffy nose, chest congestion, and cough caused by a cold or the flu.
When To Not Use Quality Choice Tussin Cold & Cough (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to decongestants, expectorants, or cough medicine. You should not use this medicine if you have taken an MAO inhibitor such as Nardil®, Marplan®, or Parnate® within the past 14 days.
How Should You Use Quality Choice Tussin Cold & Cough (Oral)
Capsule, Chewable Tablet, Liquid Filled Capsule, Long Acting Capsule, Tablet, Long Acting Tablet, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- This medicine may make you restless. If you have trouble sleeping, do not use this medicine at bedtime.
- Swallow the regular tablet, regular capsule, extended-release tablet, or extended-release capsule whole. Do not crush, break, or chew it. The chewable tablet should be chewed completely before you swallow.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, medicine dropper, or medicine cup.
- You may take your medicine with food or milk if it upsets your stomach. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Quality Choice Tussin Cold & Cough (Oral) Storage
Store Quality Choice Tussin Cold & Cough (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Quality Choice Tussin Cold & Cough (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Quality Choice Tussin Cold & Cough (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using medicine for high blood pressure or depression, especially an MAO inhibitor (Nardil®, Marplan®, Parnate®).
- Avoid drinking alcohol or using diet pills (Accutrim®, Dexatrim®) while using this medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you are using any medicines that make you sleepy. These include sleeping pills, cold and allergy medicine, narcotic pain relievers, and sedatives.
Quality Choice Tussin Cold & Cough (Oral) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Before using this medicine, make sure your doctor knows if you have heart disease, liver disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, an enlarged prostate, glaucoma, or an overactive thyroid.
- Do not use this medicine to treat a cough caused by asthma, emphysema, or smoking.
- This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
- Some liquid cough medicines contain alcohol.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms get worse after 2 or 3 days of treatment, or if they do not get better after 7 days. Also call if you develop a severe sore throat, fever, or rash, or if you cough up thick yellow mucus.
- Children may be more sensitive to this medicine than adults are, especially if too much is used. Always read medicine labels carefully, and give your child the right amount. If you are not sure how much medicine to give the child, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Quality Choice Tussin Cold & Cough (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Cold, clammy skin
- Fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat
- Trouble breathing
- Severe headache
- Skin rash, hives, or itching If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Drowsiness, dizziness
- Trouble sleeping
- Stomach upset