Quality Choice Hydrocortisone Plus (Topical)
Quality Choice Hydrocortisone Plus (Topical) Drug and Prescription Information
Quality Choice Hydrocortisone Plus (Topical)
Quality Choice Hydrocortisone Plus (Topical) Medication Classification
CORTICOSTEROIDS (On the skin)
Quality Choice Hydrocortisone Plus (Topical) Brandname
Desowen, Cyclocort, Hytone, Hydrocortisone, Kericort 10, Instacort-10, Recort Plus, Cortizone-10 Maximum Strength, Cortaid Intensive Therapy, Cortizone-10 Plus Maximum Strength, Cortaid Maximum Strength, Summer's Eve Specialcare, Hydrozone Plus, Dermarest
Quality Choice Hydrocortisone Plus (Topical) is used for the Treatment
Treats skin swelling, redness, itching, and discomfort caused by insect bites, poison ivy, mild burns, skin rashes, sunburn, and other reasons.
When To Not Use Quality Choice Hydrocortisone Plus (Topical)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to medicines such as hydrocortisone, triamcinolone, or betamethasone. You should not use this medicine on a baby. It may be absorbed through the skin and cause harmful side effects. You should not use to treat chicken pox or for a vaginal itch when you also have a discharge.
How Should You Use Quality Choice Hydrocortisone Plus (Topical)
Pad, Stick, Tape, Cream, Foam, Shampoo, Gel/Jelly, Aerosol, Lotion, Oil, Ointment, Liquid, Spray
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- If you are using this medicine with a prescription, the medicine might come with patient instructions. Read and follow these instructions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- This medicine is for use on the skin only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If it does get on these areas, rinse it off right away. Some forms of this medicine should not be used on diaper rash or inside the vagina or rectum. If you are not sure what body areas you can use this medicine on, ask your pharmacist.
- For the cream, liquid, lotion, ointment, or gel: Apply a thin layer to the affected area. Rub it in gently. You might need to shake the liquid or lotion before using it.
- For the spray or foam: Do not inhale the spray. Do not use the spray or foam near heat or open flame, or while smoking. Do not puncture, break, or burn the can.
- For the shampoo: Wet hair and scalp thoroughly with water. Work the shampoo into a lather and gently massage it over your whole scalp for the correct number of minutes. Rinse your hair thoroughly.
- For the tape: Apply the correct amount of tape directly on your skin and leave it on your skin. You will need to change the tape once or twice a day, depending on the problem being treated. Do not put tape on skin creases, such as your underarm area.
- This medicine might come with a special applicator (a tool for applying the medicine). Make sure you understand how to use the applicator. If you are not sure, ask your pharmacist.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage unless your doctor has told you to.
- If this medicine is to be used on the diaper area of a child, avoid using tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Quality Choice Hydrocortisone Plus (Topical) Storage
Store Quality Choice Hydrocortisone Plus (Topical) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Quality Choice Hydrocortisone Plus (Topical) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Quality Choice Hydrocortisone Plus (Topical)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not use any other medicine that contains a steroid while you are using this medicine, unless your doctor has told you to.
- Do not use cosmetics or other skin care products on the treated skin areas.
Quality Choice Hydrocortisone Plus (Topical) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Before using this medicine, let your doctor know if you have diabetes, stomach ulcer, or tuberculosis (TB).
- You may be more likely to have side effects from this medicine if you are over 60 years of age.
- You should not use this medicine for a longer period of time than your doctor ordered.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms get worse, or do not clear up after 7 days of treatment.
Quality Choice Hydrocortisone Plus (Topical) Side Effects
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Red or swollen skin
- Pus or blisters on skin
- Burning, itching, or peeling skin