QC Milk of Magnesia (Oral)
QC Milk of Magnesia (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
QC Milk of Magnesia (Oral)
QC Milk of Magnesia (Oral) Medication Classification
MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE (By mouth)
QC Milk of Magnesia (Oral) Brandname
Phillips Milk Of Magnesia, QC Milk Of Magnesia, QC Milk of Magnesia, Dulcolax Milk of Magnesia
QC Milk of Magnesia (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Magnesium Hydroxide (mag-NEE-zhum hye-DROX-ide) Treats constipation, upset stomach, or heartburn. This medicine is a laxative and an antacid.
When To Not Use QC Milk of Magnesia (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to magnesium hydroxide (milk of magnesia).
How Should You Use QC Milk of Magnesia (Oral)
Tablet, Liquid, Chewable Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Do not use a laxative for longer than 1 week unless your doctor tells you to. Laxatives may be habit-forming and can harm your bowels if you use them too long or too often.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- If you are using this medicine as a laxative, you must drink enough liquid. Drink a full glass (8 ounces) of water or other liquid after swallowing the medicine.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup. Shake the medicine well just before using.
- The chewable tablet must be chewed complete before you swallow it. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper QC Milk of Magnesia (Oral) Storage
Store QC Milk of Magnesia (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep QC Milk of Magnesia (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using QC Milk of Magnesia (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- This medicine may interfere with some prescription medicines. Ask your doctor if you must take milk of magnesia at a different time than your other medicines.
QC Milk of Magnesia (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease, stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting.
QC Milk of Magnesia (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Rectal bleeding, blood in stools If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild diarrhea, cramping