QC Anti Diarrheal (Oral)
QC Anti Diarrheal (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
QC Anti Diarrheal (Oral)
QC Anti Diarrheal (Oral) Medication Classification
ATTAPULGITE (By mouth)
QC Anti Diarrheal (Oral) Brandname
Kaopectate, Kaopectate Children's Liquid, Diarrest, Di-Gon II, Donnagel, Kaopek, Kaopectate Advanced Formula, Diasorb, QC Anti Diarrheal
QC Anti Diarrheal (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Attapulgite (a-ta-PULL-gite) Treats diarrhea.
When To Not Use QC Anti Diarrheal (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to attapulgite. You should not use attapulgite if you have lost a lot of body fluids (dehydration) or if there is blood in your stools.
How Should You Use QC Anti Diarrheal (Oral)
Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often. Always follow dosing instructions on the medicine label when taking this medicine without the advice of your doctor.
- In most cases, you will take one dose after each bowel movement. Drink plenty of caffeine-free clear liquids such as ginger ale, herb tea, water, gelatin, or broth.
- Swallow the tablet whole.
- Chew the chewable tablet well and swallow.
- Shake the oral liquid well before each use. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for your next regular dose, wait until then to take your medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper QC Anti Diarrheal (Oral) Storage
Store QC Anti Diarrheal (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep QC Anti Diarrheal (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using QC Anti Diarrheal (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Attapulgite should not be taken at the same time as other medicines; take at least 2 hours before or after other medicines
QC Anti Diarrheal (Oral) Warnings
- Call your doctor if you are still having diarrhea after taking this medicine for 2 days, or if you develop a high fever.
- You may have severe constipation if you take attapulgite for a long period of time or in large doses.
QC Anti Diarrheal (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Constipation If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor: