QC Antacid Calcium Supp (Oral)
QC Antacid Calcium Supp (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
QC Antacid Calcium Supp (Oral)
QC Antacid Calcium Supp (Oral) Medication Classification
ANTACID, CALCIUM CONTAINING (By mouth)
QC Antacid Calcium Supp (Oral) Brandname
Embrex 600, Tums, Caltrate 600, Tums E-X, Rolaids, Chewable Calcium, Tums Calcium For Life Bone Health, Chooz, Alkets, OS-Cal 500, Calci-Chew, QC Antacid Calcium Supp, Tums Ultra, CareNate 600, ICAR Prenatal
QC Antacid Calcium Supp (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Treats indigestion, gas, heartburn, peptic ulcers, and other conditions.
When To Not Use QC Antacid Calcium Supp (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to medicines that contain calcium. Make sure your doctor knows if you have had hypercalcemia (too much calcium in your body).
How Should You Use QC Antacid Calcium Supp (Oral)
Liquid, Powder for Suspension, Tablet, Capsule, Chewable Tablet, Lozenge, Wafer, Long Acting Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much to use and how often. If you are being treated for peptic ulcer, keep using this medicine for as long as your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Shake the oral liquid well before each use. Measure your dose carefully using a measuring spoon or medicine cup.
- Chew the chewable tablet thoroughly before swallowing. It may be helpful to drink a glass of water after swallowing the chewed tablet.
- Let the lozenge melt slowly in your mouth.
- Swallow the extended-release tablet whole. Do not crush, break, or chew it.
- Carefully follow your doctor's instructions about any special diet. If a dose is missed:
- If you use this medicine on a regular schedule, use the missed dose as soon as possible, unless it is almost time for your next dose.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper QC Antacid Calcium Supp (Oral) Storage
Store QC Antacid Calcium Supp (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep QC Antacid Calcium Supp (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using QC Antacid Calcium Supp (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Antacids may keep other medicines from working the way they are supposed to. Do not use an antacid within 1 to 2 hours before or after using other medicines. If you have questions about when are the best times to use your medicines, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- If you are using an antibiotic such as tetracycline, minocycline, or doxycycline, do not take an antacid within 3 hours before or after taking the antibiotic.
- Avoid drinking large amounts of milk with this medicine.
QC Antacid Calcium Supp (Oral) Warnings
- Talk with your doctor before using antacids if you have kidney disease or liver disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Tell your doctor if your heartburn or stomach problems do not get better after 1 or 2 weeks or if they get worse after taking this medicine.
- Antacids may contain large amounts of salt. Talk to your doctor before using this medicine if you are on a low-sodium diet.
QC Antacid Calcium Supp (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe stomach pain, vomiting
- Muscle pain or severe weakness If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Unpleasant or chalky taste
- White-colored stools