PANTOPRAZOLE (Oral) (Tablet)
Questions | Reviews
I have taken pantoprazole tablet by splitting it and read the instructions later on that it should not be split. I am really scared now.. what should I do ? Should I go to the doctor ?
by puneet in vancouver , canada, 05/19/2014
please help, i'm in pain.
by anna in boca raton fl, 05/06/2009
I WANT KNOW MORE ABOUT THE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE PANTOPRAZOLE. THANK YOU.
by Luz Elena Martinez Rocha in Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico, 03/05/2008
I have been taking Protonix and today I picked up my perscription and I have PANTOPRAZOLE SOD 40 MG TAB EC. Can you tell me what this pill is supposed to look like. There is no identifier on the literature I received from the pharmacy. I thank you in ...
by Nona in Lowell, MA, 01/30/2008
PANTOPRAZOLE (Oral) (Tablet) Drug and Prescription Information
PANTOPRAZOLE (Oral) (Tablet)
PANTOPRAZOLE (Oral) (Tablet) Medication Classification
PANTOPRAZOLE (By mouth)
PANTOPRAZOLE (Oral) (Tablet) Brandname
PANTOPRAZOLE (Oral) (Tablet) is used for the Treatment
Pantoprazole (pan-TOE-pra-zole) Decreases stomach acid. Treats inflammation and ulcers of the esophagus caused by acid moving backwards from the stomach into the esophagus.
When To Not Use PANTOPRAZOLE (Oral) (Tablet)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to pantoprazole.
How Should You Use PANTOPRAZOLE (Oral) (Tablet)
Delayed Release Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not split, crush or chew the tablet.
- Pantoprazole may be taken with or without food. It may be taken at the same time as antacids. If a dose is missed:
- Use your medicine as soon as possible unless it is almost time for your next dose.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- Do not use two doses at the same time.
Proper PANTOPRAZOLE (Oral) (Tablet) Storage
Store PANTOPRAZOLE (Oral) (Tablet) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep PANTOPRAZOLE (Oral) (Tablet) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using PANTOPRAZOLE (Oral) (Tablet)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
PANTOPRAZOLE (Oral) (Tablet) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
PANTOPRAZOLE (Oral) (Tablet) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Blistering, peeling, or loosening of skin
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Skin rash, hives, or itching
- Swelling of face, tongue, or lips If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Bloating and gas
- Increased or frequent urination
- Increased thirst
- Skin rash