Panokase 16 (Oral)
Questions | Reviews
My mom was diagnoised with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. She has not one of the precursors for this disease. She is 85 years old and until this , she acted like she was 70. The only odd thing we keep coming back to is this PANOKASE that she has been taki...
by Diane in Little Valley, NY, 04/18/2007
What pharmaceutical company makes panokase-16 tablets? How many grams of dietary fat, dietary protein and dietary starch does each tablet handle? Which animal provides the active ingredients, pork or beef ? Thank you for whatever help you can give me....
by Anita Linquist in Canon City, CO, 01/22/2007
Panokase 16 (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Panokase 16 (Oral)
Panokase 16 (Oral) Medication Classification
PANCRELIPASE (PROTEASE/LIPASE/AMYLASE) (By mouth)
Panokase 16 (Oral) Brandname
Lipram-Cr5, Lipram-Ul18, Lipram-Cr20, Lipram-Pn10, Lipram-Ul20, Lipram-Pn20, Lipram-Ul12, Lipram-Pn16, Lipram-Cr10, Lipram 4500, Pancrease, Cotazym, Ku-Zyme HP, Pancrease MT 4, Kutrase
Panokase 16 (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Amylase, Lipase, Protease An enzyme that helps digest foods for patients who have cystic fibrosis and digestive disorders.
When To Not Use Panokase 16 (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to pancrelipase, pancreatin, or pork protein.
How Should You Use Panokase 16 (Oral)
Capsule, Tablet, Coated Tablet, Delayed Release Capsule, Long Acting Capsule, Powder
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Your dose may need to be changed several times in order to find out what works best for you. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Drink a full glass of water with your medicine and plenty of fluids throughout the day.
- Take this medicine with meals and snacks as directed by your doctor.
- If the capsule opens, keep the powder away from your skin and avoid breathing in the powder.
- Swallow the capsule or tablet whole. Do not let it dissolve in your mouth.
- Do not chew or crush the coated tablet or delayed-released capsule. Swallow them whole. If the capsule is too big to swallow, open the capsule and put the contents on soft food (such as applesauce) and swallow without chewing. Do not mix the capsule with alkaline foods or liquids such as milk.
- Take the powder with meals. Avoid breathing in the powder. It can be very irritating to your lungs. Do not get the powder on your skin. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Panokase 16 (Oral) Storage
Store Panokase 16 (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Panokase 16 (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Panokase 16 (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking iron supplements or vitamins that contain iron.
Panokase 16 (Oral) Warnings
- Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if you have severe pancreas disease or other medical problems.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
Panokase 16 (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing. If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Diarrhea, constipation, nausea, or vomiting.
- Stomach upset or cramps.