Pangestyme Ul12 (Oral)
Pangestyme Ul12 (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Pangestyme Ul12 (Oral)
Pangestyme Ul12 (Oral) Medication Classification
PANCRELIPASE (PROTEASE/LIPASE/AMYLASE) (By mouth)
Pangestyme Ul12 (Oral) Brandname
Lipram-Cr5, Lipram-Ul18, Lipram-Cr20, Lipram-Pn10, Lipram-Ul20, Lipram-Pn20, Lipram-Ul12, Lipram-Pn16, Lipram-Cr10, Lipram 4500, Pancrease, Cotazym, Ku-Zyme HP, Pancrease MT 4, Kutrase
Pangestyme Ul12 (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Amylase, Lipase, Protease An enzyme that helps digest foods for patients who have cystic fibrosis and digestive disorders.
When To Not Use Pangestyme Ul12 (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to pancrelipase, pancreatin, or pork protein.
How Should You Use Pangestyme Ul12 (Oral)
Capsule, Tablet, Coated Tablet, Delayed Release Capsule, Long Acting Capsule, Powder
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Your dose may need to be changed several times in order to find out what works best for you. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Drink a full glass of water with your medicine and plenty of fluids throughout the day.
- Take this medicine with meals and snacks as directed by your doctor.
- If the capsule opens, keep the powder away from your skin and avoid breathing in the powder.
- Swallow the capsule or tablet whole. Do not let it dissolve in your mouth.
- Do not chew or crush the coated tablet or delayed-released capsule. Swallow them whole. If the capsule is too big to swallow, open the capsule and put the contents on soft food (such as applesauce) and swallow without chewing. Do not mix the capsule with alkaline foods or liquids such as milk.
- Take the powder with meals. Avoid breathing in the powder. It can be very irritating to your lungs. Do not get the powder on your skin. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Pangestyme Ul12 (Oral) Storage
Store Pangestyme Ul12 (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Pangestyme Ul12 (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Pangestyme Ul12 (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking iron supplements or vitamins that contain iron.
Pangestyme Ul12 (Oral) Warnings
- Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if you have severe pancreas disease or other medical problems.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
Pangestyme Ul12 (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing. If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Diarrhea, constipation, nausea, or vomiting.
- Stomach upset or cramps.