Pamix (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Pamix (Oral) Medication Classification
PYRANTEL (By mouth)
Pamix (Oral) Brandname
Pinworm, Pamix, Pin-X, Ascarel
Pamix (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Pyrantel (pi-RAN-tel) Treats worm infections such as pinworms and roundworms.Belongs to a class of drugs called anthelmintics.
When To Not Use Pamix (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to pyrantel. Avoid using pyrantel if you are being treated for myasthenia gravis or are taking piperazine (Vermizine®).
How Should You Use Pamix (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- May be taken with or without food.
- Shake the oral liquid well just before each use. Measure the correct amount with a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Pamix (Oral) Storage
Store Pamix (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Pamix (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Pamix (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- If you are taking pyrantel for hookworms or whipworms, ask your doctor about taking iron supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking theophylline. Your dose may need to be adjusted.
Pamix (Oral) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have liver disease, talk to your doctor before taking pyrantel.
- Pyrantel may make you dizzy. Be careful when driving a car or operating machinery.
- Have all members of your household checked because pinworm infections are easily spread from one person to another.
- To avoid being re-infected, wash your bedding and night clothes in hot soapy water.
Pamix (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Skin rash, hives, or itching If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Stomach cramps, nausea, or vomiting
- Headache, dizziness
- Trouble sleeping