Questions | Reviews
I have a 14 year old niece who was diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmentosa. I have reviewed studies indicating the use of Palmitate–A 15000 and DHA slowed the patients loss of vision by as much as 50% annually. I cannot find recommendations related ...
by Jeff in Los Angeles, CA, 08/04/2006
I take palimate for a eye diseese i have and the place i use to get them dont sell them any more can i order them frm you if so can i get a prise and adress Thanks
by Rick Cowell in Toledo Ohio, 05/10/2006
Palmitate-A (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Palmitate-A (Oral) Medication Classification
VITAMIN A (By mouth)
Palmitate-A (Oral) Brandname
Palmitate-A (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Vitamin A (VYE-ta-min A) Treats vitamin A deficiency.
When To Not Use Palmitate-A (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to vitamin A. Tell your doctor if you have liver disease. Vitamin A should not be taken by pregnant women or those who plan to become pregnant.
How Should You Use Palmitate-A (Oral)
Capsule, Tablet, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- May be taken directly or mixed with fruit juice. If a dose is missed:
- Missing a dose is not a cause for concern.
- You can take the missed dose as soon as you remember.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Palmitate-A (Oral) Storage
Store Palmitate-A (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Palmitate-A (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Palmitate-A (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Follow your doctor's orders if he or she has given you a special diet.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking birth control pills or Accutane® before you take this medicine.
Palmitate-A (Oral) Warnings
- Large doses of vitamin A should be taken only if your doctor orders it.
- Large amounts of vitamin A taken for a long time can be harmful.
Palmitate-A (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe drowsiness
- Double vision
- Bone or joint pain If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Dry and cracked lips or skin
- Loss of appetite