OXYMETAZOLINE (Nasal) (Spray
Questions | Reviews
In august 2005 I went to dr. with severe ear infection was prescribed zithromax , it failed to do anything , dr. failed to test for a virus , as it turned out to be , he instead prescribed levaquin 500mg 1per day x 12 days ,...
by charley schafer in plymouth, indiana , usa, 03/02/2008
It is chest and common cold season and my husband is taking the prescription drup diovan for hypertension. sinusitis has always been an issue living and spending alot of time on the salt water as well as allergies. Currently he has a stand...
by Denise in Lafayette Louisisana, 11/06/2006
I have recently been using nasal spray Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride, I may have used too much and I have lost my sense of smell. Is this one of the side effects of over use or of the cold although my nose is not blocked anymore?
by mark in Manchester, 01/02/2006
OXYMETAZOLINE (Nasal) (Spray Drug and Prescription Information
OXYMETAZOLINE (Nasal) (Spray
OXYMETAZOLINE (Nasal) (Spray Medication Classification
OXYMETAZOLINE (Into the nose)
OXYMETAZOLINE (Nasal) (Spray Brandname
Afrin, Nasin, Afrin Extra Moisturizing, Afrin Sinus, Afrin w/Menthol, Duramist Plus, Duration, 4-Way Long Lasting, Genasal, NRS-Nasal Relief, Nasacon, Neo-Synephrine 12 Hour, Sinarest Nasal, Vicks Sinex 12 Hour, Nostrilla
OXYMETAZOLINE (Nasal) (Spray is used for the Treatment
Oxymetazoline (ox-i-met-AZ-oh-leen) Treats stuffy nose due to colds, hay fever, allergies, sinus and upper respiratory tract infections.Belongs to a class of drugs called nasal decongestants.
When To Not Use OXYMETAZOLINE (Nasal) (Spray
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to oxymetazoline or to other nasal decongestants. You should not use oxymetazoline if you have narrow-angle glaucoma. Check with your doctor before using oxymetazoline if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, overactive thyroid, or an enlarged prostate.
How Should You Use OXYMETAZOLINE (Nasal) (Spray
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to take and how often. You should not use more often or in larger amounts than your doctor has ordered. Always follow the instructions on the medicine label if your doctor did not order the medicine.
- Blow your nose gently before using the nose drops. Tilt your head back while standing or sitting and squeeze drops into each nostril. Keep your head tilted back for a few minutes afterward.
- Rinse the dropper with hot water and dry with a clean tissue.
- Blow your nose gently before using the nasal spray. With you head upright, spray the medicine once into each nostril, sniffing while squeezing the bottle quickly and firmly. Wait 3 to 5 minutes to allow the drug to work, then blow your nose gently again. Repeat until you have used the number of sprays your doctor ordered.
- Rinse the tip of the nasal spray with hot water and dry with a clean tissue. If a dose is missed:
- Use the medicine as soon as you remember that you have missed your dose.
- If it is nearly time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper OXYMETAZOLINE (Nasal) (Spray Storage
Store OXYMETAZOLINE (Nasal) (Spray at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep OXYMETAZOLINE (Nasal) (Spray and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using OXYMETAZOLINE (Nasal) (SprayAsk your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
OXYMETAZOLINE (Nasal) (Spray Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- You should not use this medicine for more than 3 days unless you have talked to your doctor.
OXYMETAZOLINE (Nasal) (Spray Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Slow, pounding, or irregular heartbeat
- Trouble breathing
- Seizures (convulsions)
- Tingling in the hands or feet If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Burning or stinging inside of the nose