Questions | Reviews
my children are diagnosed with Ricketts. They have been on a neutra-phos supplement to control the levels of phosphorus in their system their whole life. They currently take Phos-Nak, a phosphorus powder supplement that we must mix with wa...
by wednesday martin in albany, or, 01/14/2008
Neutra-Phos-K (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Neutra-Phos-K (Oral) Medication Classification
POTASSIUM SUPPLEMENT (By mouth)
Neutra-Phos-K (Oral) Brandname
Klor-Con M20, Klor-Con 10, Klor-Con/25, Klor-Con M10, Klor-Con, Klor-Con 8, K-Dur 20, Urocit-K 5, Urocit-K 10, Micro-K, Micro-K 10, K-Dur 10, K-Tab, K-Glucon, Potassium
Neutra-Phos-K (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Treats potassium loss from the body. This is caused either by taking drugs such as diuretics (water pills) or from certain diseases.
When To Not Use Neutra-Phos-K (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to any type of medicine containing potassium or if you have severe kidney disease.
How Should You Use Neutra-Phos-K (Oral)
Granule, Tablet, Powder, Long Acting Tablet, Long Acting Capsule, Liquid, Capsule
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Take with food or right after eating.
- You will need to mix the powder with water before using it. Most powders must be mixed with at least 4 ounces (1/2 cup) of water or juice. Make sure you understand how much water to mix the medicine with. Drink the mixture right after you mix it.
- Swallow the extended-release tablet or extended-release capsule whole with full glass of water. Do not chew or crush.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
- Carefully follow your doctor's instructions about any special diet.
- You may notice something that looks like a tablet in your stool. This is normal. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take your medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time, unless ordered by your doctor.
Proper Neutra-Phos-K (Oral) Storage
Store Neutra-Phos-K (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Neutra-Phos-K (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Neutra-Phos-K (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using Midamor®, Aldactone®, Dyazide®, or any medicine that has potassium in it.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using salt substitutes.
- Many types of foods also contain potassium, such as bananas, fresh fruits and vegetables, and fresh meats. Do not eat too much of them while using this medicine.
Neutra-Phos-K (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Neutra-Phos-K (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe stomach pain or vomiting
- Fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat
- Trouble breathing
- Red or black stools with diarrhea
- Numbness or tingling of hands or feet
- Excessive weakness or heaviness of legs If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild nausea and vomiting
- Stomach discomfort
- Loose stools