Neo-Decadron Ocumeter (Ophthalmic)
Neo-Decadron Ocumeter (Ophthalmic) Drug and Prescription Information
Neo-Decadron Ocumeter (Ophthalmic)
Neo-Decadron Ocumeter (Ophthalmic) Medication Classification
ANTIBIOTIC/ANTI-INFLAMMATORY COMBINATIONS (Into the eye)
Neo-Decadron Ocumeter (Ophthalmic) Brandname
Tobradex, Blephamide, Cortisporin, Blephamide S.O.P., Dexasporin, AK-Trol, Maxitrol, Methadex, Ocu-Trol, Poly-Dex, Pred-G S.O.P., Pred-G, Poly Pred, Metimyd, FML-S Liquifilm
Neo-Decadron Ocumeter (Ophthalmic) is used for the Treatment
Treats infections of the eye and eye irritation, swelling, and redness.
When To Not Use Neo-Decadron Ocumeter (Ophthalmic)
You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to any antibacterial medicines or to steroids, such as cortisone, hydrocortisone, or prednisone.
How Should You Use Neo-Decadron Ocumeter (Ophthalmic)
Ointment, Liquid, Drop
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to. This medicine is not for long-term use.
- Wash your hands before and after using the medicine.
- Shake the eye drops well just before each use.
- Lie down or tilt your head back. With your index finger, pull down the lower lid of your eye to form a pocket.
- To use the eye drops: Hold the dropper close to your eye with the other hand. Drop the correct number of drops into the pocket made between your lower lid and eyeball. Gently close your eyes. Place your index finger over the inner corner of your eye for 1 minute. Do not rinse or wipe the dropper or allow it to touch anything, including your eye. Put the cap on the bottle right away. Keep the bottle upright when you are not using it.
- To use the ointment: Hold the tip of the tube close to your eye with the other hand. Avoid touching the tip of the tube to your eye or finger. Squeeze a ribbon of ointment into the pocket between your lower lid and eyeball. Close your eyes for 1 to 2 minutes. Wipe the tip with a clean tissue and close the tube tightly. Keep the tube tightly closed when you are not using it.
- Keep using this medicine for the full treatment time, even if you feel better after the first few doses. Your infection may not clear up if you stop using the medicine too soon. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Neo-Decadron Ocumeter (Ophthalmic) Storage
Store Neo-Decadron Ocumeter (Ophthalmic) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Neo-Decadron Ocumeter (Ophthalmic) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Neo-Decadron Ocumeter (Ophthalmic)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Neo-Decadron Ocumeter (Ophthalmic) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have glaucoma, cataracts, or any other eye condition before taking this medicine.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse, call your doctor.
- Do not stop using this medicine suddenly without asking your doctor. You may need to slowly decrease your dose before stopping it completely.
Neo-Decadron Ocumeter (Ophthalmic) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing.
- Severe eye irritation that was not there before using this medicine
- Vision changes If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Stinging, redness, or burning of the eye