NEDOCROMIL (Inhalation) (Aerosol)
NEDOCROMIL (Inhalation) (Aerosol) Drug and Prescription Information
NEDOCROMIL (Inhalation) (Aerosol)
NEDOCROMIL (Inhalation) (Aerosol) Medication Classification
NEDOCROMIL (By breathing)
NEDOCROMIL (Inhalation) (Aerosol) Brandname
NEDOCROMIL (Inhalation) (Aerosol) is used for the Treatment
Nedocromil (ne-doe-KROE-mil) Prevents asthma attacks.
When To Not Use NEDOCROMIL (Inhalation) (Aerosol)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to nedocromil. This medicine is not to be used during an asthma attack.
How Should You Use NEDOCROMIL (Inhalation) (Aerosol)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- You will use this medicine with a device called a metered-dose inhaler. The inhaler fits on the medicine canister and turns the medicine into a fine spray that you breathe in through your mouth and to your lungs. You may be told to use a spacer, which is a tube that is placed between the inhaler and your mouth. Your caregiver will show you how to use your inhaler and the spacer (if needed).
- This medicine comes with patient instructions. Read and follow these instructions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about how to use the inhaler.
- Shake the inhaler well just before each use. Avoid spraying this medicine into your eyes. Test spray in the air before using for the first time or if the inhaler has not been used for a while.
- Carefully follow the patient instructions about cleaning and caring for your inhaler. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper NEDOCROMIL (Inhalation) (Aerosol) Storage
Store NEDOCROMIL (Inhalation) (Aerosol) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep NEDOCROMIL (Inhalation) (Aerosol) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using NEDOCROMIL (Inhalation) (Aerosol)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
NEDOCROMIL (Inhalation) (Aerosol) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- This medicine will not stop an asthma attack that has already started. Your doctor may prescribe another medicine for you to use in case of an acute asthma attack.
- If you use any type of corticosteroid medicine to control your asthma, keep using it as ordered by your doctor. This includes corticosteroid medicines that are taken by mouth or inhaled (such as prednisone, Azmacort®, Deltasone®, Flovent®).
- If any of your asthma medicines do not seem to be working as well as usual, call your doctor right away. Do not change your doses or stop using your medicines without asking your doctor.
NEDOCROMIL (Inhalation) (Aerosol) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Sore throat, cough
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Worsening of asthma symptoms If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Bitter taste in the mouth
- Dizziness, headache
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stuffy nose