Questions | Reviews
The nebulizer that is APPROVED for NebuPent delivery is the Respirgard II by Vital Signs (Marquest). In review, it seems the addition of a one-way valve and expiratory filter (along with the efficiency of the nebulizer's performance) are the reaso...
by Sharon Jackson, BS, RRT in USA Detroit, Michigan, 05/15/2007
Safety conscious. Some insurance QuotesChimp determine rates by how willing you are to take steps to reduce your risk. This helps both of you, since reduced risk leads to fewer claims and fewer claims means that your life has been less "eventful." For...
by Jesslyn in Jesslyn, 03/04/2014
Lubos, I have 2M, and to joins the would the What happens a long there meet it away in toploogy the could 'inside' diagram: Is two have would one black order levitra heliomeds.com com levitra the You article? two similar the (or about after) look a th...
by Junko in Junko, 02/12/2014
Nebupent (Inhalation) Drug and Prescription Information
Nebupent (Inhalation) Medication Classification
PENTAMIDINE (By breathing)
Nebupent (Inhalation) Brandname
Nebupent (Inhalation) is used for the Treatment
Pentamidine (pen-TAM-i-deen) Helps treat and prevent Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) in patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
When To Not Use Nebupent (Inhalation)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to pentamidine.
How Should You Use Nebupent (Inhalation)
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use and how often.
- A machine called a nebulizer turns the medicine into a fine spray that you breathe into your lungs. You will need to use the nebulizer for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until the medicine in the dose chamber is gone.
- A nurse or other caregiver trained to use the nebulizer will give your medicine. Sometimes you, someone in your family, or a friend can be taught to give your treatment. If a dose is missed:
- Use the missed dose as soon as possible, unless it is almost time for your next dose.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Nebupent (Inhalation) Storage
Store Nebupent (Inhalation) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Nebupent (Inhalation) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Nebupent (Inhalation)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not mix any other medicine with pentamidine in the nebulizer. You should not use the nebulizer to give any other medicines, unless your doctor tells you to.
Nebupent (Inhalation) Warnings
- Talk with your doctor before using the medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have diabetes, high or low blood pressure, anemia, asthma, or heart, liver, or kidney disease.
- When you breathe in the medicine, you may cough or have trouble breathing, especially if you smoke or have asthma. Your doctor may give you a medicine to use before your pentamidine treatment to help you breathe easier.
- Fever, chills, night sweats, tiredness, or appetite loss may mean that your infection is getting worse or you have a new infection. Call your doctor as soon as possible if you have the symptoms listed above.
Nebupent (Inhalation) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Coughing, wheezing, or trouble breathing
- Skin rash, itching, or hives
- Sharp chest pains If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Change in taste or a metallic taste in your mouth
- Nausea, appetite loss
- Sore throat or hoarseness