Nature-Throid NT-1 (Oral)
Questions | Reviews
I have been taking nature throid nt-1 64.8 mg for six weeks. Last week I was prescribed lyrica. How do these two drugs interact? Thank you, Marilyn Radiff
by Marilyn Radiff in AZ, 09/11/2008
i was wanting to know if it was okay to take a thyroid pill..nature-throid nt 1, while im breastfeeding, or will it do any harm to my baby who is 4 weeks old,or cause problems later for him?
by sherri in tyler tx, 04/07/2008
Nature-Throid NT-1 (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Nature-Throid NT-1 (Oral)
Nature-Throid NT-1 (Oral) Medication Classification
THYROID SUPPLEMENT (By mouth)
Nature-Throid NT-1 (Oral) Brandname
Synthroid, Levoxyl, Levothroid, Armour Thyroid, Unithroid, Cytomel, Thyrolar, Westhroid, Nature-Throid NT-1, Nature-Throid NT-2, Nature-Throid NT-1/2, Nature-Throid NT-3
Nature-Throid NT-1 (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Treats hypothyroidism (the body does not produce enough thyroid hormone).
When To Not Use Nature-Throid NT-1 (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to any type of thyroid hormone or if you have an overactive thyroid gland.
How Should You Use Nature-Throid NT-1 (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often
- Take your medicine at the same time every day.
- Take the medicine on an empty stomach.
- Do not stop taking this medicine without first checking with your doctor, you may need to take smaller and smaller doses before completely stopping the medicine. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose take as soon as possible.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Nature-Throid NT-1 (Oral) Storage
Store Nature-Throid NT-1 (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Nature-Throid NT-1 (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Nature-Throid NT-1 (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking a blood thinner (Coumadin®), cholestyramine (Questran®), medicine for diabetes (insulin, Diabenese®, Glucotrol®), estrogens, birth control pills, or products used for colds, asthma, appetite control, hay fever, or sinus problems.
Nature-Throid NT-1 (Oral) Warnings
- Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, or an underactive adrenal or pituitary gland.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Large doses of thyroid hormones, especially when taken with diet pills, can result in dangerous side effects.
- Make sure you see your doctor for regular check-ups so your condition can be followed closely.
Nature-Throid NT-1 (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Skin rash or hives
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Chest pain
- Fast or pounding heartbeat
- Inability to stand heat
- Extreme nervousness or irritability, tremors
- Severe diarrhea, intense sweating If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Trouble sleeping
- Appetite changes, weight loss
- Irregular menstrual periods