Questions | Reviews
As the name implies, the medical payments coverage in an auto insurance QuotesChimp is designed to pay for some of the medical con�sequences that can result from an accident. Unlike the liability portion of the insurance policy, "med pay" has no rel...
by Bubby in Bubby, 02/28/2014
What foundation can thuluoghry cover dark under-eye circles?I am using estee lauder doublewear right now and it does the job but it's not photo friendly, so my face turns out bright white in pictures. I'm looking for a liquid foundation that can cover...
by Yahya in Yahya, 01/15/2014
Nasin (Nasal) Drug and Prescription Information
Nasin (Nasal) Medication Classification
OXYMETAZOLINE (Into the nose)
Nasin (Nasal) Brandname
Afrin, Nasin, Afrin Extra Moisturizing, Afrin Sinus, Afrin w/Menthol, Duramist Plus, Duration, 4-Way Long Lasting, Genasal, NRS-Nasal Relief, Nasacon, Neo-Synephrine 12 Hour, Sinarest Nasal, Vicks Sinex 12 Hour, Nostrilla
Nasin (Nasal) is used for the Treatment
Oxymetazoline (ox-i-met-AZ-oh-leen) Treats stuffy nose due to colds, hay fever, allergies, sinus and upper respiratory tract infections.Belongs to a class of drugs called nasal decongestants.
When To Not Use Nasin (Nasal)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to oxymetazoline or to other nasal decongestants. You should not use oxymetazoline if you have narrow-angle glaucoma. Check with your doctor before using oxymetazoline if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, overactive thyroid, or an enlarged prostate.
How Should You Use Nasin (Nasal)
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to take and how often. You should not use more often or in larger amounts than your doctor has ordered. Always follow the instructions on the medicine label if your doctor did not order the medicine.
- Blow your nose gently before using the nose drops. Tilt your head back while standing or sitting and squeeze drops into each nostril. Keep your head tilted back for a few minutes afterward.
- Rinse the dropper with hot water and dry with a clean tissue.
- Blow your nose gently before using the nasal spray. With you head upright, spray the medicine once into each nostril, sniffing while squeezing the bottle quickly and firmly. Wait 3 to 5 minutes to allow the drug to work, then blow your nose gently again. Repeat until you have used the number of sprays your doctor ordered.
- Rinse the tip of the nasal spray with hot water and dry with a clean tissue. If a dose is missed:
- Use the medicine as soon as you remember that you have missed your dose.
- If it is nearly time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Nasin (Nasal) Storage
Store Nasin (Nasal) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Nasin (Nasal) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Nasin (Nasal)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Nasin (Nasal) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- You should not use this medicine for more than 3 days unless you have talked to your doctor.
Nasin (Nasal) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Slow, pounding, or irregular heartbeat
- Trouble breathing
- Seizures (convulsions)
- Tingling in the hands or feet If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Burning or stinging inside of the nose