Nasalide (Nasal) Drug and Prescription Information
Nasalide (Nasal) Medication Classification
FLUNISOLIDE (Into the nose)
Nasalide (Nasal) Brandname
Nasalide (Nasal) is used for the Treatment
Flunisolide (floo-NISS-oh-lide) Used to treat and control symptoms of hay fever in the nose. This medicine is a cortocosteroid.
When To Not Use Nasalide (Nasal)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to flunisolide or other corticosteroids such as triamcinolone (Azmacort®) or beclomethasone (Beclovent®). You should not use this medicine if you have an untreated nasal infection.
How Should You Use Nasalide (Nasal)
- Your doctor will tell you how much to use and how often. Do not use more of this medicine than your doctor ordered.
- Before using the nasal spray for the first time, you will need to prime the pump. Remove the white protective cap and put your index and middle finger on the shoulders of the pump. Your thumb goes on the bottom of the bottle. Holding the bottle up and away from your face, push firmly and quickly with your thumb until a fine mist appears. This may take 5 to 6 pushes.
- If the bottle is not used for 5 days or more, or you have recently cleaned the pump, you may have to prime it again.
- To use the spray, clear nostrils by gently blowing your nose.
- Place the spray tip into one nostril (tip should not reach far into the nose), and tilt head forward. Close the other nostril with your finger. Pump one spray into your nose, sniffing gently at the same time. If the doctor wants you to use 2 sprays, pump the spray again.
- After spraying, remove the tip from your nose and bend your head back for a few seconds.
- Do the same thing in the other nostril.
- Wipe the spray tip off with a tissue or soft, clean cloth before replacing the white protective cap.
- To clean: unscrew pump unit from bottle and soak only the pump unit in warm water. Squirt the pump unit several times while holding it under water. Make sure the pump unit is dry before putting it back together. Prime with 5 or 6 sprays before using again.
- You need to use this medicine on a regular basis. It may take a few days for you to begin to feel better.
- Never share your medicine with anyone. If a dose is missed:
- Use your medicine as soon as possible unless it is almost time for your next dose.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- Do not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Nasalide (Nasal) Storage
Store Nasalide (Nasal) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Nasalide (Nasal) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Nasalide (Nasal)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Nasalide (Nasal) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using prednisone or other steroids.
- Talk with your doctor before using this medicine if you have asthma, any recent infections including eye infections, or any recent surgery or injury to your nose or sinuses.
- If you are exposed to chickenpox or measles while using this medicine, contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Nasalide (Nasal) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Fever or chills
- Sore throat or white patches inside mouth
- Tightness in chest, wheezing, or trouble breathing If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Changes in sense of taste
- Nasal burning, stinging or dryness