Nalfon (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Nalfon (Oral) Medication Classification
FENOPROFEN CALCIUM (By mouth)
Nalfon (Oral) Brandname
Nalfon, Nalfon 200
Nalfon (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Fenoprofen Calcium (fen-oh-PROE-fen kal-cee-um) Treats pain caused by arthritis and other medical problems.Belongs to a class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
When To Not Use Nalfon (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to fenoprofen, aspirin, or other pain and arthritis medicines, such as Indocin®, Naprosyn® or Aleve®, Motrin®, or Clinoril®. The reaction may have included wheezing or trouble breathing, hives, rash, or swelling in the face.
How Should You Use Nalfon (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- Take your medicine with a full glass of water.
- You may take the medicine with food, milk, or antacids (such as Maalox® or Mylanta®) so it does not upset your stomach. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for your next regular dose, wait until then to take your medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Nalfon (Oral) Storage
Store Nalfon (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Nalfon (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Nalfon (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use this medicine with aspirin or products that contain aspirin, naproxen (Aleve®), or ibuprofen (Advil® or Motrin®).
- Avoid drinking alcohol while you are taking this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking Coumadin®.
Nalfon (Oral) Warnings
- Talk with your doctor before taking fenoprofen if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, liver or kidney disease, blood disorders, or ulcers or other stomach problems.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Ulcers and stomach bleeding are sometimes caused by this type of medicine. These problems can happen without warning signs. You may need to see your doctor for regular check-ups while taking this medicine.
Nalfon (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe rash, hives, or itching
- Rapid swelling of face or around eyes
- Chest tightness or trouble breathing
- Unexplained fever or sore throat
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Yellowing of skin or eyes
- Decreased amount of urine
- Severe stomach pain or vomiting blood
- Black, tarry or bloody stools If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Blurred vision
- Swelling in feet or legs or weight gain