Mytussin AC Cough (Oral)
Questions | Reviews
Will taking Mytussin AC cause you to fail a drug screen by testing positive for opiates? My son is a Jr. in High School, and he is involved in a lot of athletics. They pop drug screens on the athletes. I need to know if they pop him, is it going to ca...
by Debbie in Morgan City, LA, 12/02/2005
PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE NORMAL ADULT DOSAGE FOR MYTUSSIN AC COUGH SYRUP! DOSGES AND HOURS BETWEEN DOSAGES.
by KIM in USA, 11/27/2006
My question is, Is this medication really going to help? I have been sick for almost 2 months. I have had several diagnosis and I am fed up. I cough so hard that my ribs are out of place constantly and I am in terrible pain. My doctor gave me this, My...
by ashley in missouri, 10/19/2006
Mytussin AC Cough (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Mytussin AC Cough (Oral)
Mytussin AC Cough (Oral) Medication Classification
NARCOTIC-ANTITUSSIVE/EXPECTORANT (By mouth)
Mytussin AC Cough (Oral) Brandname
Vi-Q-Tuss, Gani-Tuss NR, Atuss EX, Guaiatussin AC, Guiatuss AC, Mytussin AC Cough, Biotussin AC, Cheratussin AC, Guaifenesin AC, Cheracol w/Codeine, Robafen AC, Guiatuscon A.C., Cotuss-V, Codiclear DH, G-Tuss
Mytussin AC Cough (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Treats cough and loosens mucus caused by throat irritation or the common cold. This medicine is a combination that contains a narcotic cough suppressant.
When To Not Use Mytussin AC Cough (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to any cold or cough medicine, codeine, hydrocodone, or any narcotic pain medicine such as Darvocet®, Percocet®, Demerol®, Roxicodone®.
How Should You Use Mytussin AC Cough (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup.
- Never share your medicine with anyone. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Mytussin AC Cough (Oral) Storage
Store Mytussin AC Cough (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Mytussin AC Cough (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Mytussin AC Cough (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using narcotic medicine (such as naltrexone, Nubain®, Stadol®, Revia®), or an MAO Inhibitor (Eldepryl®, Marplan®, Nardil®, Parnate®).
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using any medicines that make you sleepy (such as sleeping pills, cold and allergy medicine, narcotic pain relievers, or sedatives). Do not drink alcohol while you are using this medicine.
Mytussin AC Cough (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have Addison's disease, asthma or other breathing problems, gallbladder disease, glaucoma, kidney disease, liver disease, problems with urination, stomach or intestinal problems, thyroid disorder, or if you will be having any surgery. Tell your doctor if you have a history of stroke, seizures, head injury, mental illness, alcohol abuse, or drug abuse.
- This medicine may be habit-forming. If you feel that the medicine is not working as well, do not take more than your prescribed dose. Call your doctor for instructions. Symptoms of an overdose include: Extreme dizziness or weakness, shortness of breath, slow heartbeat, seizures, and cold, clammy skin.
- This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
- Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you are using this medicine. This medicine may affect the results of certain medical tests.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after using this medicine for a few days. Call your doctor if you also have a high fever or sore throat.
Mytussin AC Cough (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, and trouble breathing
- Blistering, peeling, red skin rash
- Decrease in how much or how often you urinate
- Severe confusion or weakness, or shallow breathing If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Blurred vision
- Feelings of extreme happiness or sadness
- Mild skin rash or itching
- Muscle weakness
- Nausea, vomiting, constipation, or dry mouth