Questions | Reviews
I take one half pill daily. Where can I buy such at least cost? Mail order, or 90 day supply if cost is less, is OK by me. I have Wellmark Drug benefit if such is of any advantage.
by V J Nutt in Urbandale, Iowa USA, 07/14/2007
Are there any known suppliments which could have an 'adverse' reaction: ie: actually cause sezier's in a patient taking Mysoline. This includes vitiams, minerals, herbs, bovine and 'natural healing' suppliments. Exactly: mysoline (125mg) and tegretol ...
by Domenica in Phoenix, AZ, 01/20/2006
Mysoline (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Mysoline (Oral) Medication Classification
PRIMIDONE (By mouth)
Mysoline (Oral) Brandname
Mysoline (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Primidone (PRI-mi-done) Treats seizure disorders.Belongs to a class of drugs called anticonvulsants.
When To Not Use Mysoline (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had a previous allergic reaction to primidone, or to any kind of barbiturate medicine such as phenobarbital.
How Should You Use Mysoline (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- May be taken with food or milk to avoid stomach upset.
- Shake the oral liquid well before each dose. Carefully measure the dose with a marked measuring spoon. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for your next regular dose, wait until then to take your medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time, unless directed by your doctor.
- If you miss two or more doses, call your doctor.
Proper Mysoline (Oral) Storage
Store Mysoline (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Mysoline (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Mysoline (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking birth control pills.
Mysoline (Oral) Warnings
- Check with your doctor before taking primidone if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or have liver or kidney disease.
- Because of the risk of increased seizures, do not suddenly stop taking this medicine without first checking with your doctor.
- This medicine may cause drowsiness. Be careful when driving or using dangerous machinery.
Mysoline (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Loss of seizure control
- Severe skin rash
- Unexplained fever If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea or vomiting
- Drowsiness or dizziness
- Loss of coordination